Genesys Multicloud

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Insertion and Receival from SIP UUI data field in Designer

Posted 09-20-2023 07:37

We are in the process of moving from Genesys MultiCloud to Genesys Cloud.  To move the calls between these 2 Data Centers we need to take the InteractionID/ConversatioID or some context data within the Transfer Call.  Going through different suggestions it seems like we need to pass the Variables/Key using the SIP UUI data.  I have a lot of help on the Genesys Cloud platform but not sure on the Designer/Multicloud.  Any help is appreciated. - Abdul

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #CloudMigration
    #Implementation
    #Integrations
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface
    #SIP/VolP
    #Telephony
    #AskaCustomer

------------------------------
    ABDUL KAZI
    Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America

• 2.  RE: Insertion and Receival from SIP UUI data field in Designer

GENESYS
    Posted 09-21-2023 11:25

Abdul,

My experience with Genesys Multicloud (and Engage) is a little rusty, but I believe it still applies.  I'm going to give you details from the On-premise Engage platform, but those can be applied to Multicloud either via Administrator or via Genesys Customer Care (in some cases).

Genesys SIP Server has the ability to automatically exchange values between SIP Headers and User Data (Attached Data).  It just needs to be told how to do so.  So if you look at the SIP Server Deployment Guide (https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/SIPS).  Starting on Page 261 you'll find details on "Mapping SIP Headers and SDP Messages".  These are the SIP Server settings that need to be configured to take values in the User Data and map them to SIP Headers on the outbound SIP INVITE.  You should be able to map the Multicloud Interaction ID (CallUUID) to the SIP User-to-User header so that when a call arrives on Genesys Cloud that it can get that value and then make a Data Action request back to Multicloud to get the data for that call.

On the reverse side Genesys Cloud can send the ConversationID in a SIP Header (it does this automatically) and SIP Server can automatically convert that to a User Data field.  Then in Designer you can pull that ConversationID out and make an HTTP Request to Genesys Cloud to get the data for that call.

It might be worth reaching out to your Genesys account rep and see if you can get a little bit of time with Genesys Professional Services and they should be able to help you configure both sides.

Jim Crespino
    Senior Director, Developer Evangelism
    Genesys
    https://developer.genesys.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources