Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Interaction and Bot Report

Posted 13 days ago

Hello,

I have Digital Messaging Bot build along with a chat queue to request agents and communicate with the agents. I am having issues with the metrics that is provided using the interaction report.

In digital message bot if the end user request the messaging bot again within 72 hours the same conversation is restarted this does not provide correct metrics. For example, if the end user clicks on the widget and chats with the bot and ends the chat, but later user comes back again and start the chat it will continue the same chat with the same conversation id instead of generating a new conversation id.

Is there a metric or a report in genesys dx that will provide me the count each time end users requests a chat similar to how it was in Bold 360. Or if its possible to start a new chat each time end user is requesting.

Thank You.

#ConversationalAI(Bots,AgentAssist,etc.)

------------------------------
    Abdulquadir Shaikh
    DYOPATH, LLC

• 2.  RE: Interaction and Bot Report

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 13 days ago

Not familiar with Bold 360,

But there is a few possibilities here from my opinion, happy to hear what others think.
    So some things you could change in the routing - The thing to keep in mind though is what if the customer does have a legitimate followup question, should that be a new conversation, how do you differentiate a proper follow up with a new message, doable but worth putting thought in to.

If you are looking for more of a traditional chat setup, and you are using web messaging I believe there is a setting in the configuration that will disconnect the conversation when the agent disconnects.

You could use clear option to allow customer to clear the conversation, or use the SDK to do this.

You could send a survey to the customer to ask if their query is resolved, and if it is then end the conversation with API

You could use the bot to ask the customer if it is a follow up question, and if not ask the customer to clear the conversation and start a new request.

If you are using open messaging, this should be "easier" to do in that you can handle that logic in your middleware.

And metrics wise:

The queue/agent metrics like offered should count each time it enters the queue, so at a queue level you will see that true total count.

But yes if looking at an interaction level, unless you use the API or timeline view to get the full picture it will only show you the 1 conversation. But the underlying data in the API will have each of those sessions broken out with their own metrics, so you could develop your own reporting from the conversation detail data, or look to the app foundry for a reporting solution that gives that participant and session break down by conversation.

Anton Vroon

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources