Genesys Cloud - Beta HQ

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Interaction Categories - Speech & Text Analytics - Beta

GENESYS
    Posted 03-04-2024 12:30
    Edited by Andy Boland 03-13-2024 06:27

** Hello everyone, we've had a great response to this Beta and now have enough participants and will be in contact shortly with further information for the Beta. Thanks for your interest; we look forward to seeing you all as future users of Interaction Categories when it is Generally Available. Thanks **

Hello everyone

Today we're excited to launch Beta enrollment for our Interaction Categories feature.

This feature will enable deeper analytics of interactions by allowing you to track both the sequence and position of Topics and Terms within an interaction.

You'll be able to create Categories by collating multiple Speech & Text elements together, and/or understanding the position of those element. So for instance you may want to understand if Agents are using the welcome correctly on an interaction, and want to understand if the Topics "Welcome" and "Build Rapport" are being used, and are in the right place. Interaction Categories would allow you to track this. 

It would look something like the following:

Topic "Welcome" found in the first 60 seconds AND Topic "Build Rapport" found in the first 60 seconds 

Where both of these are true, then the interaction will be categorized with the Category "Correct Welcome", or whatever you decide to call it.

In the system it would look something like this:

Interaction Category criteria for Correct Welcome - Example

Once Categorized you'll be able to see those Categories at an interaction level, in the Details tab. Like the below:

Interaction Category - Example Interaction

As you can imagine, there are lots of possibilities with this feature. You can also make the criteria considerably more complex, depending on what insights you would like to find.

If this sounds like a feature you would use, and you'd like to be involved in giving us feedback, then please sign up for the Beta here

Thanks in advance

#BetaAnnouncement

------------------------------
    Andy Boland
    Genesys - Employees

• 2.  RE: Interaction Categories - Speech & Text Analytics - Beta

Posted 03-05-2024 04:01

Hi Andy,

This has great potential, especially if these can be used in the future to Assist Evaluations. A current challenge is if the IVR or in Queue is transcribed then some topics such as Greeting or Transfer can be detected.

As we are greedy and always want more I've created an idea https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WEQUAL-I-251 to expand upon this at least for evaluations and pull in more interaction data. As more Speech Analytics platforms only contain minimal metadata, Genesys Cloud has a huge potential data set to call on.

I did see the Topic box has a dropdown. Are other criteria available?

Richard Chandler
    Connect

• 3.  RE: Interaction Categories - Speech & Text Analytics - Beta

GENESYS
    Posted 03-05-2024 04:10

Hi Richard

Thanks for your message

I'll go and check out that Idea, thanks for adding!

For the initial release of Interaction Categories you'll be able to use Topic and Term, where Term is up to 3 words. So for instance if there is a specific product that is not contained in a Topic, you can simply add as a Term.

Additionally the operators will be AND, OR and NEAR, where NEAR looks for Topics/Terms either side of another Topic/Term, within a given number of seconds or words.

We'll be bringing more to the feature in time, such as Sentiment and also a 'Followed By' operator, where the criteria needs to be more linear for instance.

Thanks

Andy

Andy Boland
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Interaction Categories - Speech & Text Analytics - Beta

Posted 03-05-2024 10:49

Andy, 

A couple of things.  You should put a link to the Beta Signup in your announcement.  Also, has this been pushed out?  Are there instructions for use and finding it on the Admin page?

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital
    Sr. Director - Innovation Architects
    Robert.WC@ttecdigital.com
    https://www.ttecDigital.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 5.  RE: Interaction Categories - Speech & Text Analytics - Beta

GENESYS
    Posted 03-06-2024 05:49

Hi Robert

Thanks for your post

I've updated my original post, thanks for highlighting that.

Regarding the release, this is still currently due at the end of this month. We plan to have documentation available on release.

Thanks

Andy Boland
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: Interaction Categories - Speech & Text Analytics - Beta

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 03-05-2024 15:30

This looks really promising.

Customer's and Agent's don't always follow nice timelines. So are there any plans to add something like, this topic found AFTER this other topic, but not be time based. IE It doesn't matter if this happens at the start of the call or right at the end as long as topic 1 is before topic 2 etc.

Anton Vroon

• 7.  RE: Interaction Categories - Speech & Text Analytics - Beta

GENESYS
    Posted 03-06-2024 05:57

Hi Anton

Thanks for your post

We're planning to have 'Followed By' in future phases, which will allow the behaviour above i.e. Topic A FOLLOWERD BY Topic B.

The plan here was actually to make this time specific, like NEAR. However I do understand the use case you've detailed here, so I'll be sure to raise that in our research of those enhancements.

Thanks

Andy Boland
    Genesys - Employees

• 8.  RE: Interaction Categories - Speech & Text Analytics - Beta

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 03-06-2024 16:19

Thanks for the response Andy

Anton Vroon

• 9.  RE: Interaction Categories - Speech & Text Analytics - Beta

Posted 03-11-2024 09:41

Hi Andy,

I'm not sure if it's just me but I am trying to sign up to the beta on the Beta Board but it keeps linking to the Journey Flows beta instead. 

Thanks!

Imran Haji
    Mountain Warehouse

• 10.  RE: Interaction Categories - Speech & Text Analytics - Beta

GENESYS
    Posted 03-11-2024 10:21

Hi Imran

Thanks for reaching out

It seems to be working for me, not sure why we're getting a different experience.

The link to the actual form is below:

https://forms.office.com/pages/responsepage.aspx?id=nOZceM-Qx02ogurzEtHRXQBjkg5sDIxMiphbbSBC6OVUNllVSTVGUzdQWjdCMlRNWlZRNVNGNUc4NS4u

Try this and let me know if it works ok for you

Thanks

Andy Boland
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources