Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Intercept call end on IVR/architect flows

• 1.  Intercept call end on IVR/architect flows

Posted 02-03-2023 07:14
    I am novice wrt architect. 
    Interested to know if we can intercept a call flow when the call has ended (by agent/customer) on architect flows.
    I understand we have hooks say using event bridge/web hooks api available or we can try scripts with button to allow agent to click before call end but can it be done on architect flow ?

Plan is to invoke a data action in-turn a web service on call end. (As we have all the call data readily available on flows it is easy to pass the required parameters.

Thank you in advance.
    #Integrations
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Mohan

• 2.  RE: Intercept call end on IVR/architect flows

Posted 02-04-2023 12:49
    Hi Mohan,

The described use case is a good candidate to use the trigger in the API to react to specific events. For example in your case, the topic to subscribe to should be
    • v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.customer.end
    First, you should create the workflow and then create the trigger using Process Automation API POST /api/v2/processautomation/triggers. The sample request is: 

More details and useful links can be found at https://developer.genesys.cloud/platform/process-automation/. 

Thanks,
    Tatjana

Tatjana Knezevic
    Star Telecom

• 3.  RE: Intercept call end on IVR/architect flows

GENESYS
    Posted 02-05-2023 08:25
    Triggers are an excellent option for this use case, as long as intercepting/acting on the actual voice media isn't a requirement.  Triggers run "in near real time", but aren't able to do things like completely intercept a disconnect event to make something else happen (like sending the caller to a voice survey when an agent hangs up).  But as long as that limitation is understood, triggers are an ideal way to setup post call workflows to coordinate with external systems.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Intercept call end on IVR/architect flows

Posted 02-05-2023 21:35
    Edited by Mohan S 02-05-2023 21:36
    Thank you @Tatjana Knezevic And @Richard Schott
    I need to understand the limitation. If there are useful links please do share. 
    ​​​Found -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHv5Tb5L42k

Mohan

• 5.  RE: Intercept call end on IVR/architect flows

Posted 02-06-2023 03:18
    @Richard Schott Need another clarification please
    The rate limit if I understand
    entity.interactions.per.hour​ is per specific ID, Am I right? and (May be we might have workflow based limits but no other limits other than this one?)

@Richard SchottTo be specific - We have a scenario where we might have 8-10K call (busy hour) - Will I be able to go ahead with triggers?

Mohan

• 6.  RE: Intercept call end on IVR/architect flows

GENESYS
    Posted 02-06-2023 08:31

Yes, that limit is per a specific ID (like a single conversation).  It is in place to prevent runaway loops, like a trigger that fires on an attribute update on a conversation which calls a workflow that updates an attribute on the same conversation, which fires the trigger that calls the workflow... to infinity.  

There are two other limits to be aware of, although it sounds like you're not going to be anywhere close to either of them:

event.orchestration.workflow.invocations.per.hour

The maximum number of event orchestration triggered workflow invocations per hour

true

event.orchestration.workflow.invocations.per.minute

The maximum number of event orchestration triggered workflow invocations per minute

true

Both of these limits are configurable on our end, so if you have reason to believe you might begin to encounter them based on scale/volume, please reach out to discuss your use case.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: Intercept call end on IVR/architect flows

Posted 02-07-2023 00:27
    Thank you very much @Richard Schott for prompt response.

Appreciate the information shared and is very useful to make decisions. Also thank you for inviting to discuss further on use case.

Last query - 
    General question:

I quote - "Please reach out to discuss" 
    When we are in such dilemma in making a decision​ and need to discuss further how can we engage​? - please clarify.
    In the above case should I be checking with you directly over email and scheduling calls or if there are any other means as it is a formal engagement.

Mohan

• 8.  RE: Intercept call end on IVR/architect flows

GENESYS
    Posted 02-07-2023 08:54
    This forum is a great place to start, and you can send a direct message here if your questions have more sensitive information in them.  If you need to schedule a conversation, I would run that through your CSM.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 9.  RE: Intercept call end on IVR/architect flows

Posted 02-06-2023 09:12
    Richard, I understand that Voice Call survey has been requested and on the board for a long time..  I wonder when will this be enabled on GC..  We have this feature available on Genesys Engage Prem, and out business partners have been asking for this for a long..  The key message, is that we will need to be anonymous and and option with Conversation data and want to give an option for the caller to stay on-line and participate into a Voice Survey, without the call being transferred by an Agent..  I understand the big issue, for GC, is that if either the caller or the agent hangs-up there is not way of continuing with the interaction..

Shalom Benzaquen
    Elevance Health

• 10.  RE: Intercept call end on IVR/architect flows

GENESYS
    Posted 02-07-2023 08:55
    I would vote on/subscribe to this idea: https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WEM-I-530

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 11.  RE: Intercept call end on IVR/architect flows

Posted 02-07-2023 15:58
    This idea  https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/INB-I-189  has been in accepted status for quite a while, with the last update in September 2022 that they were excited to begin work on it an initial target was end of year 2022.  Is there a more recent update on this that can be shared?  Seems it's a duplicate to the idea already posted here but has progressed more.

Bethany Han
    Business Application Expert
    Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources