Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Is there any way to disable silence detection for outbound campaigns?

Posted 08-16-2022 23:37
    Hi, Genesys.

I have made an outbound campaign but it disconnects when our customer says nothing when they pick up the call.
    Is there any way to play the outbound Architect call flow in silence?
    I have searched every article on your Genesys Resource centre about "silence detection" or "play audio in silence action" "call analysis response" etc,
    but nothing worked for me.
    When I tried "play audio in silence action", it says "Sorry an error occured. Please try your call later",
    and when I tried "disable detecting answering machine" in call analysis response, it still waits till the customer says something, or it hung up.

Thank you.
    #Outbound

------------------------------
    JeongYoon Cho
    LemonIT

• 2.  RE: Is there any way to disable silence detection for outbound campaigns?

GENESYS
    Posted 08-17-2022 12:27
    Detect Silence is only meant to determine the "silence at the end" of an answering machine message or verbal speech to ensure you are leaving your message AFTER the answering machine message or verbal speech. If your customers are saying nothing (total silence) then there is nothing for our Call Analysis to analyze. The only way to play the message every time would be to Disable Post-Connect Call Analysis. When the call connects, the system disables all call analysis after the call connects and also disables Answering Machine Detection (AMD). Of course this could have a negative impact on customers who are speaking or when answering machine messages are playing so you will want to do some testing.

Rian Logan
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Is there any way to disable silence detection for outbound campaigns?

Posted 08-18-2022 01:42
    'Disable Post-Connect Call Analysis' worked for me.
    Yet, I really should recognize the condition when answering machine messages are playing.
    Thank you for your advice.

JeongYoon Cho
    LemonIT

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources