Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Issues following instructions to block phone number

Posted 6 days ago

I am following the instructions provided by Genesys to block a phone number (Block incoming calls from specific numbers - Genesys Cloud Resource Center), and when I get to step 7 C, I'm getting an error. Can anyone point out why this is happening? I'm copying the code exactly as noted in the instructions. Thanks!

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #PlatformAdministration
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #SystemAdministration
    #Telephony
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Amber Krueger
    Ultimus Fund Solutions, LLC

• 2.  RE: Issues following instructions to block phone number

GENESYS
    Posted 6 days ago

Go to the update data action from step 6 and double-check the variable name you set

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Issues following instructions to block phone number

Posted 6 days ago

Amber, check the data variables and see if blockedNumbers got changed to Flow.blockedNumbers

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital
    Sr. Director - Innovation Architects
    Robert.WC@ttecdigital.com
    https://www.ttecDigital.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 4.  RE: Issues following instructions to block phone number

Posted 3 days ago

I have done this differently, which allows our business to control which phone numbers are blocked and add/remove them easily, without needing to edit the architect flow to add/remove numbers.

Here are the steps I did.

1) Create a data table that holds the blocking phone ANI's, e.g. BLOCK_PHONE_TABLE. This data-table has (in my case 4 cloumns), PhoneNumber (Key), Block_Active (Boolean), Added_By (String), Reason (String), Date_Added (String)
    2) Then I created a Common Module, where input variable to the common module is a string (Call.Ani) and within this common module, I check if the input value is in the data-table (using simple data table lookup). If I find it in the table, then disconnect the call, otherwise return back. In our case we do not want to play any message back to these blocked numbers but simply disconnect them.
    3) Next step is to add this common module to every call-flow in my ORG, such that we check blocked phone numbers at the very beginning and disconnect them. 

With the above design, our business users (supervisors/team leaders), who have access to add data into data-tables, can add/remove/activate/deactivate entries, which will have immediate impact on calls, without having to edit call-flows.

Hope this helps you solve your problem differently.

Vineet Kakroo
    FIL Fund Services (Bermuda) Limited

• 5.  RE: Issues following instructions to block phone number

Posted 2 days ago

Here is the another approach to implement Block callers based on ANI : 

https://github.com/GenesysCloudBlueprints/ani-blacklist/blob/vish-changes/blueprint/index.md

With this implementation we need not to touch existing flows and it is applicable for all calls from customers.

Ramu P
    Global Technology Solutions, Inc

• 6.  RE: Issues following instructions to block phone number

Posted 2 days ago

Ramu - I'm trying to follow what's in this video, but I'm getting stuck. In creating the OAuth client, how do I know which roles should be assigned for the required role for the oAuth client?

Amber Krueger

• 7.  RE: Issues following instructions to block phone number

Posted 2 days ago

You have to create a new role and assign the permissions to it. and then add this new role to your OAuth client you are creating.

Here is gif which shows which permissions to add and how to create a role. 

https://github.com/GenesysCloudBlueprints/ani-blacklist/blob/vish-changes/blueprint/images/

open the "createRoles.gif" from left side window. or append this text to above URL and open it on the browser window.

Ramu P
    Global Technology Solutions, Inc

• 8.  RE: Issues following instructions to block phone number

Posted 2 days ago

Vineet - Where/how do you create a Common Module?  How do you add it to every call flow? 

Amber Krueger

• 9.  RE: Issues following instructions to block phone number

Posted 2 days ago
    Edited by Jason Kleitz 2 days ago

Hi Amber, Common Modules are part of Architect, just like Inbound, InQueue etc flows.
    Common modules are similar to common subroutines that can be used across different flows, without using the "Transfer to Flow" step. You can pass variables to Common modules and receive variables as return data. It is very powerful tool to use if you have re-usable processes across all your flows.
    The only drawback currently (hopefully Genesys fixes it soon), is that everytime a Common module is changed, you have to re-publish all the flows that the common module is used in.

Hopefully you are able to take this further.

Regards

Vineet Kakroo
    FIL Fund Services (Bermuda) Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources