PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Issues with audio when doing transfers using Softphone

Posted 09-28-2022 13:58
    When people are doing warm transfers through Interaction Desktop, people in the call are losing audio.  It is only effecting those using softphone in Interaction Desktop.  Anyone with a physical phone has no issues.  This is scenario that happened this morning.

• Cynthia's phone: reports or choppy audio, hard to hear, no audio at all
      • Called Fernando, who then called me to conference us together and I could barely hear Cynthia and neither of us could hear Fernando at all
      • Called Aura, both could not hear the other
    • Fernando's phone: a call comes in and the audio is fine, then when he tries to do a warm transfer (consult) to someone else, the person he is transferring to cannot hear him, once all parties are together no one can hear him.
    • Josue's phone: has same issue with warm transfers as Fernando about 50% of the time the person he is transferring to cannot hear him but he can hear them.
    • Sandra called me, transferred me to Fernando, Fernando did a warm transfer to Luke, we could all hear each other but when he completed the transfer I could not hear Luke but Luke could hear me.
    If I was to look through the logs of these people, would there possibly be something specific I should look for to figure out why this is happening?
    #SIP/VolP

------------------------------
    Jon Mercer

• 2.  RE: Issues with audio when doing transfers using Softphone

Posted 09-29-2022 02:04
    I had a similar problem. But this was a provider issue. If you put an external call on hold (e.g. for warm transfer), a SIP re-INVITE is sent to the carrier. And when you unhold the call, another SIP re-INVITE. This 2nd reinvite does not contain a SDP body. This is technical correct, but some carrier expect a SDP body here. To solve this we had to make an adjustment on our SBC. We are using Audiocodes and set the "Remote re-INVITE" parameter to "Supported only with SDP" in the IP Profile towards the carrier. This adds the missing SDP.

Andreas Tikart
    Fiebig GmbH

• 3.  RE: Issues with audio when doing transfers using Softphone

Posted 09-29-2022 12:01
    Thanks, I am not terribly familiar with that part of the SBC.  I am guessing it was done using Interaction Administrator, but as I said, not to familiar.  How and where exactly did you make that change?

Jon Mercer

• 4.  RE: Issues with audio when doing transfers using Softphone

Posted 09-30-2022 03:29
    We use an Audiocodes SBC to connect the PureConnect to the carrier. The carrier is providing a SIP trunk, and the Audiocodes SBC converts the SIP dialect of the PureConnect to the SIP dialiect the carrier is speaking.
    The change I mentioned in my previous post was done on this Audiocodes SBC and not on PureConnect. So I used the Audiocodes names describing this featues, if you have a SBC of another manufacturer perhaps he has named the features different.

Andreas Tikart
    Fiebig GmbH

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources