Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Issues with Intent Recognition in Dialogue Flow

Posted 11 days ago
    Dear Friends

I have a query, I have created a flow with intentions, in which I gave input words like "YES" and "NO" and all their variants, but I am running into problems that the BOT does not identify the words, it takes a long time to respond , and many times the user speaks again because the BOT keeps listening for a long time before giving a response, does anyone have experience in this field of creating bot flows with intentions that can recognize a word and follow the flow according to what says the user?

Regards

#ConversationalAI(Bots,AgentAssist,etc.)

------------------------------
    Gerardo Morales
    Servicios en Tecnología de la Informacion SETEINFO del Ecuador C.A.

• 2.  RE: Issues with Intent Recognition in Dialogue Flow

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 8 days ago

Hi Gerardo,

You may need to look at the input timeouts.

But also generally for Yes and No, there is the ask yes or no action, or I would use a slot instead to capture something like that.

Intent's are generally for those overall intent/topic/category/product the customer is talking about. Then we use slots and ask for yes/no to capture further information. We can use slot fulfillment in the Intent to capture it all at once, or in bits and pieces depending on what was provided. 

Eg, Intents might be tech support, sales, query update, etc, and then I might have a slot for all the products I have, or all the things they might need support on, like resetting password, can't login etc etc. And maybe a yes/no for anything specific further.

If you share some screenshots of your flow, we might be able to help further, but hopefully the above sets you on the right track.

Anton Vroon

• 3.  RE: Issues with Intent Recognition in Dialogue Flow

Posted 8 days ago

Dear Anton,

Regarding whether to use "Yes" or "No", we actually have several phrases, such as "It's me", among others. Each intention is expressed using 31 words that we believe users might indicate, based on our testing experience. However, the bot often makes errors in recognition, which is why we are reaching out to the community for assistance. How can you help us?

Regards 

Gerardo Morales
    Servicios en Tecnología de la Informacion SETEINFO del Ecuador C.A.

• 4.  RE: Issues with Intent Recognition in Dialogue Flow

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 8 days ago

Sorry just re-reading the title,

Are specifically using Google Dialogflow, or Genesys Bot flow here?

Anton Vroon

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources