Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Keyboard 'Enter' to dial input number - outbound interaction

Posted 3 days ago

Hi Team, 

Anyone else noticed that you can no longer type/paste a number into the 'please enter a number or contact' box in the interactions UI, then hit enter on the keyboard twice to make the call?

#Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface

------------------------------
    Mikaylah Smith

• 2.  RE: Keyboard 'Enter' to dial input number - outbound interaction

GENESYS
    Posted 2 days ago

Hey Mikaylah,

Are you trying to make an outbound phone call using the Conversations tab (agent icon) on the left? If you are, you will need to make sure that both fields are filled out before dialing. Under the Make Call You will need to have a queue selected first in the On behalf of queue field. Once a queue has been selected, you can paste the number in the Please enter a number or contact field and then press Enter twice to start the call. 

If you are use the Calls tab (phone icon) you can paste the number in the Please enter a number or contact field and double tap Enter to start a call that way as well.

I just tested this out on my end and was able to get it to work using the methods above. Let me know if that helps!

Jason Kleitz
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Keyboard 'Enter' to dial input number - outbound interaction

Posted 4 minutes ago

Hi Jason, 

Unfortunatly, this is exactly what both myself, and our users are doing.

We're dialling from the conversation/interations tab, inputting the number (queue is already filled but have tried manually filling this) and hitting enter twice. The first enter saves the number in the field, and used to move the cursor/selection to the green dial icon, but now the cursor/selection stays in the phone number field. Entering the number, hitting enter, tab (to move the cursor/selection to the green dial icon), then enter will dial the call.

Mikaylah Smith

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources