Workforce Engagement Management

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Limiting Schedule period hours

Posted 13 days ago

Hi, 

I'm trying to find a way to limit to schedule period hours when using Workplan Rotations and to get the scheduling engine to make correct decisions for me.

As an example I have a rotation of 10 weeks. 

Within this rotation I have an flexible Saturday one week and the following week has an flexible Day off on friday. 

My wanted scenario is that the scheduling engine decides between giving the agent the Saturday the first week or the Friday the following week with a shift. Overstaffing on Saturdays is expensive and too few agents on a Friday is equally bad as I have to use overtime to fix the understaffing issue...

In Engage we can set this by allowing the scheduling period a certain amount of hours, but I can't find this solution within Cloud. Am I missing something ?

By the way, I should mention that our agents are paid a fixed salary for a certain amount of hours per scheduling period. If I schedule them too few hours I can't deduct them in pay and if I schedule too many hours I have to pay them overtime.... So I need it to be correct....

Anyone with a solution for my problem without tons of manual work or a lot of extra Workplan rotations ? Feature request ? We have a 1000+ agents....

#WorkforceManagement

------------------------------
    Mikael P Ulstein
    DNB Bank ASA
    Oslo, Norway

• 2.  RE: Limiting Schedule period hours

GENESYS
    Posted 12 days ago
    Edited by Jay Langsford 12 days ago

So, you've enabled planning periods at the Management Unit level and for each work plan you've configured min/max paid time per planning period and do not see the expected result? Or are those things not configured?

Jay Langsford
    VP, R&D

• 3.  RE: Limiting Schedule period hours

Posted 12 days ago

Hi Jay, 

Yes, we have enabled planning Periods under Management Units, but under the Mangement unit there is no place to set Maximum and Minimum hours for the PLannning Period. If one is only using Work Plan Configurations there are planning hours for the Planning Period to be set, but not when using Work Plan Rotations.... Our PS contact told us that as soon as Work Plan ROtations are set this overrides any Work Plan Configurations. True ?

Mikael P Ulstein
    DNB Bank ASA
    Oslo, Norway

• 4.  RE: Limiting Schedule period hours

GENESYS
    Posted 12 days ago

That is not correct. I would recommend looking in the resource center as we have lots documented.

From https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/work-plan-rotations-overview/ :

Make sure that work plans in a rotation have the same planning period constraint settings. The system applies the planning period constraint rule as a minimum of minimum and a maximum of maximum value. For example, using the minimum value across the minimum type constraints, or the maximum value across the maximum type constraints. When an agent is scheduled based on a work plan rotation, the scheduler considers intraweek constraints as minimum of minimum and maximum of maximum value. 

Jay Langsford
    VP, R&D

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources