PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Logskim Filters

GENESYS
    Posted 12-15-2023 09:30

Is there a way for logskim to only read a specific log and not pull in and process all logs in the log file directory?
    Customer is looking to send only SipEngine.ininlog data to splunk via logskim.

Also, is there a way to keep this running indefinitely? 
    The command seems to stop after a few hours, even with the -repeat command set.

Thanks!

Chuck Bailey

#Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Chuck Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 2.  RE: Logskim Filters

GENESYS
    Posted 12-16-2023 02:37

The readme has an explanation of how to pass a filter file or folder location with filter files.  The filter file can be created by making a filter in log viewer.  That is the expected format.  So, you should be able to make a filter file for each subsystem and you could make all the logs you don't care about to filter for something that will never match.  I am sorry, I don't have direct access to a test server to play with this right now or I would give you an example command line and like "C:\Logskim\filter" example path to the folder holding the filter files.  

Hope this helps.  If you don't figure it out from this please post and let me know and I'll try to remember to come back to this post.

Drew Bisson
    Chief Architect
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources