Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Looking for example flow that checks a data table for ANI and returns values based on ANI match

Posted 08-12-2022 14:27
    I know this has to be fairly simple, but I guess my brain is on vacation this week!
    #ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Brenda Wynne
    Alcon Vision LLC

• 2.  RE: Looking for example flow that checks a data table for ANI and returns values based on ANI match

Posted 08-13-2022 02:16
    Edited by Vaun McCarthy 08-13-2022 02:16
    If someone doesn't send one before Monday I can send you something then Brenda.  Usually the main sticking point is in getting the ANI formatted to match what format you're entering the ANIs into the data table.  What I usually do is format the ANI to get the subscriber number part, and prefix that with a 0.  That's because that matches what most of our contact centre people are used to dialing, e.g., 0211234567 instead of +64211234567.  Then in your data table you would have the 0211234567 value.  So start off by formatting the ANI into a variable for how you want it to match your entries in the data table.  Then when you do your data table lookup, use that ANI formatted variable to look for the row.

One of the only downsides to this approach for us is if you use the export to CSV function to do bulk updates on data table rows.  Excel will not play nice and try to strip those leading zeroes.

Vaun McCarthy

• 3.  RE: Looking for example flow that checks a data table for ANI and returns values based on ANI match

Posted 08-15-2022 10:01

Thanks Vaun.  I know what you mean about the data tables / csv and the e.164 format. 

Once I have the csv formatted – if I even LOOK at in Excel – it ruins the format.

• 4.  RE: Looking for example flow that checks a data table for ANI and returns values based on ANI match

Posted 08-14-2022 19:58
    Edited by Jeff Hoogkamer 08-14-2022 20:00

Hey Brenda,

We're using a lookup for our known 'abusive callers' numbers and have them loaded in a Data Table in the E.164 format

In Architect, the ANI that's available will be formatted with either 'sip:' or 'tel:' as the first four digits.

So we strip off the first four digits of the ANI before doing the data table lookup in the E.164 format.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Jeff

• 5.  RE: Looking for example flow that checks a data table for ANI and returns values based on ANI match

Posted 08-14-2022 20:59
    Hi Jeff

Another way of achieving what you've got with your subsring function to get the E164 is to use the additional properties on the ANI - something like:

ToString(ToPhoneNumber(Call.Ani).e164)

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/about-the-phone-number-data-type/

Vaun McCarthy

• 6.  RE: Looking for example flow that checks a data table for ANI and returns values based on ANI match

Posted 08-15-2022 02:09

Thanks Vaun!

Hadn't even considered to look for additional properties on the ANI - that'll be much cleaner.

Jeffrey

• 7.  RE: Looking for example flow that checks a data table for ANI and returns values based on ANI match

Posted 08-15-2022 10:13

I think we are doing it similarly (I also have a table of 'blocked' numbers) using Left(Right(Call.Ani,10),10).

• 8.  RE: Looking for example flow that checks a data table for ANI and returns values based on ANI match

GENESYS
    Posted 08-15-2022 12:01
    Tiny note for everyone doing a substring or a left+right -- you can get by with just right(call.ani,10) and not have to remember the counts for the substring. Blocked caller lookup+block is also a great use case for common modules.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources