Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Main Menu

Posted 22 days ago

One of my IVR's have a main menu. Issue is the audio recording doesn't inform the calling to push any other number except 8. Is there a way to add a menu option and if nothing is pressed the caller is routed to rest of the call flow?

#ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Michael Speights
    Stafford Communications Group Inc

• 2.  RE: Main Menu

GENESYS
    Posted 22 days ago

You can set a default menu choice to go to when a caller doesn't pick anything after exhausting the number of times the menu is allowed to repeat.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/menu-action/

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Main Menu

Posted 22 days ago

Thank you for the suggestion Melissa. However, I already have the reusable task I want set up as the default menu. After the greetings the main menu just loops. The numbered option works, but it doesn't default to what I have selected if no option is chosen.

Michael Speights

• 4.  RE: Main Menu

Posted 22 days ago

Michael,

For this, you would want to create another option within your menu that jumps to your reusable task.  Assign a DTMF value that isn't mentioned in the audio prompt for your menu.  Then, In the menu settings, set this "secret" option as the default path in the menu.  

Then, once the menu repeat limit is reached, it will jump to this reusable task.  

Thank you,  

Jason Tripp
    Independent Health Association, Inc.

• 5.  RE: Main Menu

Posted 22 days ago

Thank you for the response Jason.

The problem was the number of loops in the main settings dictates how many will appear on the reusable menus. I changed it to 0 and it worked. 

Michael Speights

• 6.  RE: Main Menu

Posted 22 days ago

Melissa! I didn't know there were multiple loop settings for menu's; One underneath settings and another under the resuable menus options. 

Michael Speights

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources