Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Make call with Cell set as Primary Number

• 1.  Make call with Cell set as Primary Number

Posted 07-18-2022 00:41
    Hey All,

When setting a User's mobile number as the primary number, Genesys will use this as the default number to dial the User.

When dialling between Genesys Users we would expect Genesys to use the WebRTC phones of the Users and not dial the Users external number.

If I set a User's Work Number (1,2,3, ... it doesn't seem to matter) as the Primary number then Genesys will dial WebRTC as default (which is what we want)

But, if we set the User's Cell phone as the Primary number, Genesys will dial this by default. Anyone know why Cell phone causes this behaviour?

Regards

Francis,
    #PlatformAdministration
    #SystemAdministration
    #Telephony
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Francis Hoang
    TeleApps Services Pty Ltd

• 2.  RE: Make call with Cell set as Primary Number

GENESYS
    Posted 07-19-2022 09:19
    Hi Francis,

When you set the 'station' or end point that the user is on that is where the calls will be directed.   It sounds like you were looking to set up an either / or scenario.    PureCloud honors this routing similar to remote number or remote station.

Typically a user if leaving their stationary workstation to go mobile they would change their phone to their mobile number to continue receiving calls.    Once they return to their stationary location, they would / could change their call 'endpoint' to be WebRTC or what ever other phone is available to them.

The functionality you describe is by design.   The user has to indicate where they want to receive their calls.  If that changes, they needed to indicate it to the system.

Hope that clarifies the operation for you.

Jim Hennessey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Make call with Cell set as Primary Number

Posted 07-19-2022 09:29
    Hi Jim,

thanks for the response.

What I'd like then is to be able to set WebRTC as the Primary Voice, but you can't set this in the Users Contact Information.

I guess we'll need to set up extensions for the Users and set that as the Primary Voice.

Regards.

Francis.

Francis Hoang

• 4.  RE: Make call with Cell set as Primary Number

Posted 07-19-2022 10:22
    Francis,

You can set a user's default station, which may go some way towards doing what you want.

The numbers recorded in the user's profile are not about how the system reaches the user, but about how external entitles and other users identify to the system who they wish to speak to.

When the user logs in, they can select the station they wish to be contacted on - this is by design.

HTH

• 5.  RE: Make call with Cell set as Primary Number

Posted 07-19-2022 19:04
    Hi,

I have a solution, but wanted to continue the conversation to clarify how extension/number mapping works in Genesys.

1. When the User logs in, they choose a WebRTC phone
    2. When an internal User dials another internal User, it calls their Primary Voice number as set in the User Profile.
    3. The User can choose an alternate number if the destination User has multiple numbers in their Profile, but we don't want them to have to choose each time.

(2) is what is confusing, as I thought it should dial their WebRTC phone.

Regards.

Francis.

Francis Hoang

• 6.  RE: Make call with Cell set as Primary Number

GENESYS
    Posted 07-20-2022 09:06
    Hi Francis,

Let me see if I can add a bit here.

• Each user can have a WebRTC phone.   It is theirs and theirs alone.  No one else may obtain/reserve it.
    • There is functionality as Paul pointed out to set a DEFAULT phone for all users so they do not have to select every time. This will save time on #1 you have listed above.
    • WebRTC is a method of making calls and also provides a user ENDPOINT to have their calls delivered.
    • When a user wants to be 'remote' or have the calls sent to their mobile phones, they can select their new ENDPOINT as their mobile and Genesys Cloud will deliver calls to the mobile device. (Calls get delivered to a single user endpoint at a time; selected by the user)
    • Genesys Cloud handled internal calls just like any other calls when it looks for the deliver ENDPOINT.   Genesys Cloud does not differentiate the delivery of calls by type (internal vs. external) when sending to an endpoint.    The only way Genesys Cloud will change the delivery endpoint is if a user changes it and it takes less than ~15 seconds to do so.      

It sounds like your preference would be to deliver internal calls always to the WebRTC when someone has their endpoint set to a mobile number.   The product does not function that way.

I hope this clarify the product/services behavior of the Genesys Cloud WebRTC phone. 
    Hope you have a great day.

Jim Hennessey
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: Make call with Cell set as Primary Number

Posted 07-20-2022 22:41
    Thanks Jim.

I'll repeat some stuff for clarity.

1. Each User has a WebRTC phone
    2. I have set the default phone to WebRTC as suggested
    3. WebRTC works. Inbound and Outbound

Test inbound internal call to User - Call delivered to WebRTC phone - success

Now we add a mobile phone

4. User administers their cell phone details for themselves in their User Profile --> Contact Information
    5. This is the only number in their Contact Information. Cell Phone automatically assigned as Primary Voice
    6. User does not select Cell Phone - unless by Select you mean they entered number in their User Profile.
    7. Current Status is User is assigned WebRTC phone. User has Cell Phone number configured. Cell Phone set as Primary Voice.

Test inbound internal, ie Genesys-to-Genesys. The User's mobile is called - failed

So we try one more test. This replaces steps 4-7

8. User administers their Work phone details for themselves in their User Profile --> Contact Information
    9. This is the only number in their Contact Information. Work Phone automatically assigned as Primary Voice
    10. User does not select Work Phone - unless by Select you mean they entered number in their User Profile
    11. Current Status is User is assigned WebRTC phone. User has Work Phone number configured. Work Phone set as Primary Voice.

Test inbound internal, ie Genesys-to-Genesys. The User's WebRTC phone is called - success

Why is 4-7 different to 8-11?

Regards.

Francis,

Francis Hoang

• 8.  RE: Make call with Cell set as Primary Number

Posted 08-18-2022 19:51
    Anymore progress on this Francis?

Vaun McCarthy

• 9.  RE: Make call with Cell set as Primary Number

Posted 08-09-2023 12:54

Any solutions to this? We are having the same issues, when reps try to transfer a call, it goes to their cellphone on their profile versus the WebRTC.

Tommy Oudavanh
    ISN Software Corporation

• 10.  RE: Make call with Cell set as Primary Number

GENESYS
    Posted 08-09-2023 14:40

Hi Tommy, Vaughn and Francis,

An external number can be set up such as a cell phone to forward calls to as outlined below:

Option 1

1. Go to Phone Selection
    2. Select Primary Phone
    3. Toggle Forward Calls
    4. Enter Cell Phone
    Setting Phone to Forward to Cell

Option 2

Would be to have the administrator ADD the Cell number to Genesys Cloud as the primary phone for the use to select

1. Go to Phone Selection
    2. Select Cell number as primary phone.

This is the basic set up.   It can get complicate for persistent connection but those are the two methods when a cell phone is desired.    Option 1 being a forward and Option 2 being a primary phone.   Depending on how things are being utilized (like on/off queue) it may or may not have the behavior you are working to attain.   

Hope that helps.

Jim Hennessey
    Genesys - Employees

• 11.  RE: Make call with Cell set as Primary Number

Posted 08-09-2023 14:52

We don't want the calls to transfer to their cell phones. 

When reps would transfer calls, it would be through the Genesys app, so the rep receiving the call would get it through their Genesys app. But a month or so ago, we added employees' cell phone numbers in their profile. Since then, when a rep transfers a call, it goes to the next rep's cell phone and not the Genesys app like before.

We were requested by upper management to add cell phone numbers in the profile, so just taking the number out the profile is not an option so far.

Tommy Oudavanh
    ISN Software Corporation

• 12.  RE: Make call with Cell set as Primary Number

GENESYS
    Posted 08-09-2023 15:43
      |   view attached

Hi Tommy,

It sounds to me like you did Option 2 above and added their cell phones as selectable and those have been set as their primary phones.   

If management were looking to be able to reference the individuals cell phone, they could have been added to the Contact Profile for reference but not direct use.   

I would check to see if the calls are being sent to the individuals cell phone, look to see what that users primary phone is set to.  I'd bet it is set to their cell phone.    They should change their primary phone to be the WebRTC and calls would be routed to that endpoint instead of the cell.

Let me know if that resolves the issue.

Jim Hennessey
    Genesys - Employees

• 13.  RE: Make call with Cell set as Primary Number

Posted 08-09-2023 16:29

The primary voice is set to cell phone because that is the only number in that section for them, but in the screenshot above, how do we set it to the WebRTC to be the primary voice?

Tommy Oudavanh
    ISN Software Corporation

• 14.  RE: Make call with Cell set as Primary Number

GENESYS
    Posted 08-09-2023 17:48

Hi Tommy,

A default phone can be set up either by and administrator or user (for themself).

I would recommend that for each person that a cell phone was added, go in and set their default phone to WebRTC.  This would confirm it was done.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/assign-default-phone/

Or instruct each user impacted to go into Genesys Cloud and select their primary phone (WebRTC) and it will stay there until they change it.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/select-phone/

Each person can use the dropdown to search for and select a phone.   (Any available phone or only their named WebRTC phone.)

Setting a default phone administratively would be the recommended course of action for certainty for both short and long term and eliminate the cell call issues.

Jim Hennessey
    Genesys - Employees

• 15.  RE: Make call with Cell set as Primary Number

Posted 09-27-2023 04:45

Hi Jim,

We have the same problem, we have set the WebRTC as default phone for agents, but when they specify cell phone number in their profile it result in blind transfers to them will end up on their mobile phone instead of WebRTC.

Hampus Nygren

• 16.  RE: Make call with Cell set as Primary Number

GENESYS
    Posted 09-27-2023 09:11

Hi Hampus,

When phones are set up in Genesys Cloud (in this case a WebRTC and user mobile number), the default is to set a basic starting phone.   In this case, the user, changed their endpoint phone to their mobile #.  If a call gets transferred to them, their mobile phone will ring and if not answered will go to the mobile number voicemail (if set up and not cancelled) by the user.    That is expected behavior.  

Blind transfer or external transfer sends the call out.

Hope that clarifies.

Jim Hennessey
    Genesys - Employees

• 17.  RE: Make call with Cell set as Primary Number

Posted 09-27-2023 09:42

Hi Jim,

Sorry, but I dont really understand :)

We have a default WebRTC setup as the default phone for all agents, this is done in "Phone Management". Then the agent add their mobile phone number in their "Contact Information" the field "Cell Phone". On transfers the call then goes to the "Cell Phone" number. If instead the agent adds the mobile number to "Work phone", the transfers are ok and goes to the WebRTC.

Hampus Nygren

• 18.  RE: Make call with Cell set as Primary Number

Posted 09-28-2023 07:16

Jim, I agree with Hampus and Tommy. We have several users that have added their cell number in the cell phone field of their profile and that seems to trump the WebRTC phone number in the Work Phone field and route the call out to the cell phone even when the user is logged in and available via the WebRTC phone. We finally just told people they were not allowed to enter their cell phones in the system. The Genesys assigned number in the Work Phone field should be the first priority phone for delivery, not the cell phone. If this is working as designed, then the design is not best practice and should be reconsidered.

Chris Gorman
    PRINCIPAL LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY

• 19.  RE: Make call with Cell set as Primary Number

Posted 09-28-2023 14:34

In cases where customers want to use Mobile in their GC users contacts, and to avoid any confusion, we have had to assign extensions and make those Primary. This means that user can add Work and Mobile. Its not ideal as it brings extra management.

You may also note, if a user has a Mobile in the directory, and another user dials that Mobile, then the call will go to the logged-on Users station if they are Logged on , not their Mobile. Reverse Number lookup will Match the user and call their logged in Station. This can also confuse Users

Brian Allison
    Spark New Zealand Trading Limited

• 20.  RE: Make call with Cell set as Primary Number

GENESYS
    Posted 02-14-2024 15:13

Hi everyone, I wanted to let you know that I have opened an Idea based on the post here, and a few other things that are similar to this. If you can take some time to review the Idea and post your comments and possibly Vote, that would help out a great deal. 

What I discovered while doing a lot of testing, is that there are quite a few things that can be impacted if a user or SCIM goes in and adds an additional phone number to the users profile in Cloud that is not in one of the top 3 Work phone fields AND they do NOT have a DID or an EXT on their Profile.

The Idea is here, please keep an open mind that some of the terms I use are based on specific testing paths for using SCIM to populate User info, but it could just be as simple as the agent added their Cell or Home phone to their profile and there was no other "Genesys" number on said profile.

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/EPUCC-I-774

Angelia Aubert
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources