Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Manually Initiated SMS Prevention

Posted 7 days ago

Hello,

I am investigating options for prevention of manually initiated outbound interactions via SMS.  I've worked before with using DNC lists / list management to prevent campaign based SMS, but I am not sure if it is possible to do something similar to this with a manually initiated contact.

The use case is there is an external REST API data point intended to operate as a control on the ability of agents to manually initiate outbound SMS activity to a contact.

I've come up with a bit of a hack solution in the form of triggering /api/v2/conversations/{conversationId}/disconnect via a trigger / workflow as the call begins.

This results in the interaction basically just terminating a moment after the attempt is started.  I've found it takes about a second to happen not accounting for any actual lookup time for the rest API to collect the information about whether the suppression should happen.

I view this as something of a hack solution though and I am curious if anyone has a better approach.

Thanks,

Matt

#DigitalChannels
    #Outbound

------------------------------
    Matt Riedl
    Acliviti, LLC

• 2.  RE: Manually Initiated SMS Prevention

Posted 6 days ago

I'm just checking on this: did you try to leave the "Outbound SMS Number" for the Queue(s) under the question empty? 

Tatjana Knezevic

www.startelecom.cloud

https://www.linkedin.com/company/star-telecom-www-startelecom-ca-/

• 3.  RE: Manually Initiated SMS Prevention

Posted 6 days ago

No, I have a SMS number defined for the relevant queue, but I am not sure I follow the question contextually to the problem I am solving for.  Could you clarify?

Matt Riedl
    Acliviti, LLC

• 4.  RE: Manually Initiated SMS Prevention

Posted 6 days ago

Hi Matt,

Can you take one of your SMS Queues where you are routing the Messages from your Inbound Message Flow (I assume you have more than one Queue). It would be even better if you use a Test SMS Queue in case you have it.  

For the selected Queue, under the Message Tab, remove the SMS number as found in "Outbound SMS Number" from the configuration. You should be able to send and reply to the messages (routed to the Queue via Message Flow).  However, you won't be able to send a message "On Behalf Of Queue" .

Tatjana Knezevic

www.startelecom.cloud

https://www.linkedin.com/company/star-telecom-www-startelecom-ca-/

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources