Genesys Casual

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  March Madness Brackets - Live

GENESYS
    Posted 03-14-2023 09:02

Hey Everyone, 

Just a reminder that March Madness brackets are now LIVE. We do a bracket for both the men and women's tournaments, so two chances to win, two chances to gloat...I guess that means double the frustration, also, but let's have some fun. 

HOW TO PLAY:

1. Register :

2. Game Schedule:

• Brackets Lock - The official first round starts this Thursday, March 16th at 12pm EST with the men. So make sure your brackets are locked before then.
    • First Round of Bracket Play - 
      • Men's - March 16th
      • Women's - March 17th
    • Championship Games -
      • Women's - April 2nd
      • Men's - April 3rd

3. Winners Announced: 

• April 4th! The winner of each bracket gets their pick from the Prize Wall

Pass me the rock! 

Matt

#Events

------------------------------
    Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 2.  RE: March Madness Brackets - Live

GENESYS
    Posted 03-17-2023 08:55

I heard this morning that out of all of the brackets submitted on the NCAA.com website, less than 800 were still perfect after the first day of games! Anyone with a perfect score got 15 points. Unfortunately, no one in the community is in the running for a perfect bracket, BUT AvDubz, Clay Tison, and Anita are currently in the lead with 13 points!

Good luck with your games this weekend, everyone!

Also, I've got to callout the member who submitted "VolsWin," which I guess is a nod to my Tennessee volunteers? But they have Kansas set to win. False advertising!

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 3.  RE: March Madness Brackets - Live

GENESYS
    Posted 03-22-2023 16:22

Alright, players! Madness resumes tomorrow. Here's a rundown of where players stand just before the Sweet 16 tips off. 

In the Women's 

• VolsWin is in the top spot with 48 points and a possible 112 points remaining on the board! But they are in a 4-way tie with @Alexander Polley, Dolly85, and @Clay Tison
    • Look out though! The player with the highest final point potential is currently Shawn S, who can get up to120 points if their bracket wins out. 
    • @Bruce Fuhrer is also in the hunt with 112 points remaining (on par with our VolsWin).
    • Our good friend @Nicole Milliken is the only person in the women's league that didn't submit a bracket, so it's fair to say she is OUT.

Now for the men's tournament. 

• Avddubz is tied for first place with jeritter, but, ritter has 80 possible points if they win out and the budz is a little thin with only 36 points left. 
    • Not far behind them in 3rd with 43 points is the community's fabulous graphics designed @Natalie Nobles!   
    • Alex Polley is back in contention here tied for 4th with Joel, @Jay Rapaport, Dan, Chudes, and myself.
    • CGoodell, Dolly85, DeLeon, and Joel, are best positioned to win this whole thing because they have over 100 points left that they can add to their totals if things go their way.

Reminder to bracket players, please update your bracket with your name so that we know who you are and start prepping your game plans now. 

Play ball!

Matt

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 4.  RE: March Madness Brackets - Live

GENESYS
    Posted 03-22-2023 16:27

Well how about that? A busted bracket and I still come in 3rd. Woo!

Natalie Nobles
    Genesys - Employees
    Product Designer

• 5.  RE: March Madness Brackets - Live

GENESYS
    Posted 03-22-2023 18:14

@Matt Lawson Wait a second! I did fill out a women's bracket! I put SC winning it. Maybe I didn't put it under our group? LOL

Nicole Milliken
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: March Madness Brackets - Live

GENESYS
    Posted 03-30-2023 09:57

Alright, we are down to the final fours and this is the last weekend of play! We'll know our winners next week. Let's look at the boards. 

In the women's bracket, @Alexander Polley has a 4 point lead in the first place spot, but just behind him is @Bruce Fuhrer Don't let the 4 points fool you. Both of these guys picked South Carolina to win, but Bruce has more teams in play and can still add 64 points to his total if he wins out, but Alex can only add 48. Does anyone smell an upset?

The men's bracket is a trail of heartbreak. In first place we have Joel with 66 points, but he has no teams left in the final four, so he is tapped out. All eyes are on Chudes and Slyons. They are the only two members left in our group that can still add points to their totals and they have a fair amount of points left to earn, both with 48 that they can add to their totals of 54 and 53 respectfully. I smell a buzzer beater victory for one of these brackets.

It looks like in the men's bracket @DeLeon Nevelsfinished in last place, and Slyons (currently a contender for winning the men's bracket) came in last place for the women's. If all of these numbers hold true, we'll have a prize for both of you as well. 

"Win big" on three,

Matt

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 7.  RE: March Madness Brackets - Live

Posted 04-04-2023 08:53

Congratulations, Chudes! 

Sheila Lyons
    Sales Coordinator
    Eccentex Corporation

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources