Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Max ring time for a group

Posted 05-31-2023 11:43

Hi,

I have a request to setup a group with a broadcast ring that will ring for 3 minutes. I have done some testing but it seems like it will ring for 60 seconds and that's it. Is there a way for me to change this so I can achieve the 3 minute ask?

#Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Judy Heckbert
    NTT America, Inc

• 2.  RE: Max ring time for a group

Posted 06-01-2023 11:53

OK, not ideal, but assuming you are transferring to the Group in Architect, you can set the timeout there. I'm not sure if this will override Group settings. If that doesn't work, you could configure it to attempt the transfer again if it fails (twice, if you want three minutes.) You could either use a loop, or just three transfers daisy-chained together. If you want it to the go to VM, make sure that VM is only enabled on the last attempt.

(BTW, what I'm seeing is that it will ring for up to 2 minutes if you just put a DID on the Group....)

HTH

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 3.  RE: Max ring time for a group

Posted 06-01-2023 12:19

Wonderful! Your assumption was correct that this is in Architect. I did find that even though I put the timeout to 180 it still only gives me 60 seconds. So I did 3 times and achieved my 3 minutes needed. Thank you :)

Judy Heckbert
    NTT America, Inc

• 4.  RE: Max ring time for a group

GENESYS
    Posted 06-01-2023 12:39

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/transfer-to-group-action/

• If the maximum dial timeout configured for the trunk is less than the timeout setting at the flow level, the trunk's maximum dial timeout is used.

Check that

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources