Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Missing Permissions to set up the Genesys Agent Assist

• 1.  Missing Permissions to set up the Genesys Agent Assist

Posted 11-18-2022 15:15
    Hello,

We are trying to create and configure agent assistants in Genesys Cloud in our org based on the following article Quick start: set up the Genesys Agent Assist - Genesys Cloud Resource Center but the following permissions are missing in our org Conversation > Suggestions > All permissions. Please assist.

Best regards
    Permissions Page on our org (Tykans)
    Biba
    #ConversationalAI(Bots,AgentAssist,etc.)

------------------------------
    Biba Nda
    Tykans Group Inc

• 2.  RE: Missing Permissions to set up the Genesys Agent Assist

Posted 11-18-2022 16:51
    What region are you in?  It should have been pushed out to all regions by Thursday AM local time.  Have you tried logging out and back in?  If it does not show up, contact support to look if there are any switches turned off on your ORG.

Image result for switches

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Missing Permissions to set up the Genesys Agent Assist

Posted 11-18-2022 17:01
    We are in the Americas (Canada) region and yes I have tried logging out and back in so, I'll contact support. Thank you.

Best regards,
    Biba

Biba Nda
    Tykans Group Inc

• 4.  RE: Missing Permissions to set up the Genesys Agent Assist

Posted 11-21-2022 01:27

@Biba Nda Did support manage to get it working for you? 

I too am experiencing the same issue but in the Asia Pacific region. Support claims it is only available in North American region (was never mentioned in the release notes) and referred me to this "Get started with Agent Assist Google CCAI" article instead. 

​

Tony Nguyen
    Smartgroup

• 5.  RE: Missing Permissions to set up the Genesys Agent Assist

Posted 11-21-2022 08:05
    Hi Tony,
    Someone in care has gotten confused with the Google offer which is only in North America. I have these available in EMEA regions. I would point them to the release notes https://help.mypurecloud.com/releasenote/november-16-2022/ which do not state particular regions.

Richard Chandler
    Connect

• 6.  RE: Missing Permissions to set up the Genesys Agent Assist

Posted 11-21-2022 11:55
    Hi Tony,

No, I am still working with them to get this resolved. I'll keep you updated.

Best regards,

Biba Nda
    Tykans Group Inc

• 7.  RE: Missing Permissions to set up the Genesys Agent Assist

Posted 11-21-2022 17:53

Thank you both!

Richard, I had linked them to the release notes, quick start guide, as well as this article (highlighting that others may be experiencing the same issues) when I first open a support ticket but it seems like it has fallen on deaf ears with them as they were adamant that it was both the same thing. 
    At least now I know I am not imagining things and will try and patiently educate them about their own product. 

Thanks again! 

Tony Nguyen
    Smartgroup

• 8.  RE: Missing Permissions to set up the Genesys Agent Assist

GENESYS
    Posted 11-22-2022 06:58
    Hello Biba, Tony, and Richard,

First and foremost I would like to express apologies for the confusion. I myself was a bit confused too because release documentation made it sound like the feature is in GA, but from what I have gathered it looks like native Agent Assist is still in beta, hence the unavailability. I am seeking further clarity from Product owners about the matter and I will update this thread once I hear back from them.

Nico Feliciano
    Genesys - Employees

• 9.  RE: Missing Permissions to set up the Genesys Agent Assist

GENESYS
    Posted 11-23-2022 06:02
    Edited by Jan Nico Feliciano 11-23-2022 06:59
    Update:

I received word that an issue was experienced on feature toggles on the platform that prevented universal enablement across qualified orgs. This affected the availability of the permission set. Fixes are on-going and the situation should be resolved by today.

As for the specific permission set Conversation > Suggestions > All permissions, this is intentionally unavailable as the features tied to this are still in beta. Genesys Agent Assist is currently in a basic release - the Agent Assist panel is now present in the agent workspace and this enables agents to manually search for knowledge articles.

Nico Feliciano
    Genesys - Employees

• 10.  RE: Missing Permissions to set up the Genesys Agent Assist

Posted 11-27-2022 16:22
    Still not present in APAC (or at least for the Orgs where we have not requested the Beta.....)

Angus Huckle
    Spark NZ Trading

• 11.  RE: Missing Permissions to set up the Genesys Agent Assist

GENESYS
    Posted 11-28-2022 05:26
    Hello Angus,

Do you mean to say the other permissions, namely Assistants > All Permissions and Knowledge > All Permissions, are still not available in your org(s)?

The GA'd release is the basic version of Agent Assist that includes its presence in the agent workspace and the ability to manually search knowledge articles from that view. If you're familiar with the beta, the automation features implemented experienced there have not yet been GA'd.

Nico Feliciano
    Genesys - Employees

• 12.  RE: Missing Permissions to set up the Genesys Agent Assist

Posted 11-28-2022 14:04
    Assistants > All Permissions and Knowledge > All Permissions are there just not those in the Quick Start Guide.

Reading back I see this is what you referred to previously.

Can Genesys PLEASE update the documentation?

The number of times we refer to the official documentation only to have to resort to searching Forums and Communities is most annoying. Particularly when both of those also have older, out of date entries.

One source of truth that is also comprehensive would solve all this aggravation.

Angus Huckle
    Spark NZ Trading

• 13.  RE: Missing Permissions to set up the Genesys Agent Assist

Posted 08-17-2023 02:27

Hi All, 

Try to enable this on our development org (Tokyo APAC) but missing permission for "Conversation > Suggestion > All permissions".

Cant seems to enable the agent assist "light bulb" am I missing anything here?

Appreciate some help on this. Many thanks.

Regards,

Yaw Han

Yaw
    ITAPPS

• 14.  RE: Missing Permissions to set up the Genesys Agent Assist

GENESYS
    Posted 08-21-2023 14:46

Can you email me (mike.ray@genesys.com) direct with your Org ID and region?   I will take a look and confirm how you are licensed and then reach back to you.

Thanks

Mike

Mike Ray
    Product Manager - Agent Assist
    Mike.Ray@genesys.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources