Workforce Engagement Management

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Move Agents from one MU to another.

• 1.  Move Agents from one MU to another.

Posted 03-11-2024 14:24

Hello, I've recently had to expand an existing MU to 3 to account for a large amount of agent rotations(max is 100 and I need around 150).

I started moving some of my agents last week and I am seeing my agents turn "grey" and no longer showing Actual Activates in the schedule view.

I am trying to figure out
    #1 is this because I just created the new MU's and this is because they didn't exist when this schedule was published? or is this going to be an issue every time i move an agent between my MU's forever?
    #2 I found an article in the help that says the agent's schedule and history is lost. I do not see that to be the case on agents I have already moved. I also found in the ideas portal that this issue shows as "implemented" Is this just a left over help article that was not removed?

#WorkforceManagement
    #Configuration

------------------------------
    Johnathon Nelson
    Auto Club Insurance Association Co.

• 2.  RE: Move Agents from one MU to another.

Posted 03-12-2024 10:27

Unfortunately, this is one of the biggest issues I have with the Genesys implementation of Management Units and Business Units.

1. This is going to be an issue every time you move agents between MUs. For our implementation, we have agents broken into Line of Business - Medicaid plans, Medicare plans, etc. - and we do a large amount of cross-training to utilize economies of scale. So with the Genesys implementation, we have to be very selective of how we organize our teams, and very selective of when we move agents between MUs.
    2. I'm unsure of which Idea Portal you found, so I can't comment on what was changed. What I can say is that within about 3 months of our onboarding to Cloud, they increased the BU/MU limits (previously, we could only have a max of 10 MUs in 1 BU - this is now 20 MUs). We had to create a 3rd BU due to the number of MUs we need (which we also found ways to combined LOBs to reduce that count) but haven't been able to recombine the 2 BUs that were separated because of this data loss issue. 

Gene Gutierrez | Workforce Coordinator
    Presbyterian Customer Service Center
    Albuquerque, NM

• 3.  RE: Move Agents from one MU to another.

Posted 03-13-2024 14:05

Hey Gene thank you for sharing as I didn't realize the MU limit had been increased to 20. Do you know when this changed? 

@Genesys FYI this resource center article still says that the maximum is 10 MUs. 

Andrea Rushfeldt
    ATB Financial

• 4.  RE: Move Agents from one MU to another.

Posted 03-13-2024 15:03

I guess that this change didn't occur. I didn't find this information...

Att,

Breno Canyggia Ferreira Marreco
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/brenocfm-40b62182/

• 5.  RE: Move Agents from one MU to another.

Posted 03-13-2024 15:14

The change occurred with the July 26, 2023 update cycle.

https://community.genesys.com/discussion/genesys-cloud-release-notes-july-26-2023

Gene Gutierrez | Workforce Coordinator
    Presbyterian Customer Service Center
    Albuquerque, NM

• 6.  RE: Move Agents from one MU to another.

Posted 03-13-2024 15:21

Thank you Gene. I helped deployes using the online documentation :|

@Tracy Vickers 

https://community.genesys.com/discussion/genesys-cloud-release-notes-july-26-2023

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/work-management-units

Note: The maximum number of business units in an organization is 50; the maximum number of management units in a business unit is 10; the maximum number of management units in an organization is 500; the maximum number of agents allowed in a management unit is 1500.

Breno Canyggia Ferreira Marreco
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/brenocfm-40b62182/

• 7.  RE: Move Agents from one MU to another.

Posted 03-12-2024 16:38

@Jay Langsford or @Chuck Swain  

When an agent is moved from one MU to another MU in the SAME BUSINESS UNIT, is there a reason that their real-time activity and schedule history goes away? They're still in the same business unit, therefore the same schedule, and should then have the same schedule capabilities and realtime monitoring.  Is this expected or an unexpected experience?  I can understand how moving them from one BU to another, but am struggling to understand the current functionality. 

Below is a screenshot where I moved myself from one MU to another within the Same BU.  It is registering my scheduled code, but showing my adherence status as "unscheduled" and this is not the only issue I think Johnathon is experiencing, but is a root concern.  Is there anything we can do to remedy this? 

Shelby Cronk
    C1

• 8.  RE: Move Agents from one MU to another.

GENESYS
    Posted 03-13-2024 12:05

Shelby, 

Moving an agent to a new MU requires the agent to be assigned a workplan (in the new MU) then schedule generated for that agent in order to have an active schedule and collect adherence.

Agents moving between MU's, when moved to the new MU agent schedule stays with the original MU as does their adherence data.
    Agents placed in new MU will need a workplan assigned then a schedule generated for them to begin collecting adherence in the new MU.
    Intraweek movement: 
    1. Remove agents schedule after MU move.
    2. Generate a reschedule using Add Agent if you intend to merge the agent back into the schedule as part of the new MU
    3. Publish

Chuck Swain
    Genesys
    WEM Leadership

• 9.  RE: Move Agents from one MU to another.

Posted 03-13-2024 12:38
    Edited by Johnathon Nelson 03-13-2024 12:42

I see the issue, looks like I need to remove the agent entirely. I was attempting to reschedule them only for the future dates of this current week.

Johnathon Nelson
    Auto Club Insurance Association Co.

• 10.  RE: Move Agents from one MU to another.

Posted 03-13-2024 14:03

Hi Johnathon. We were having similar issues so I submitted a ticket and was able to identify a workaround with Genesys support. Please see this thread for the details (I believe there a couple more steps required on top of what Chuck has shared here).

Andrea Rushfeldt
    ATB Financial

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources