Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Move 'Onqueue/OffQueue' presence state to profile - below other states

Posted 03-21-2023 02:40

Hello Community,

Is it possible to move the 'On Queue/Off Queue' presence state to the profile page, just below other states.

I want the state to appear in place of box, instead of top right corner. 

Please help me to understand if it is possible.

thanks in advance..

KR,

Harshil.

#Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface
    #PlatformAdministration
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Harshil Andugulapati
    Tata Consultancy Services Ltd

• 2.  RE: Move 'Onqueue/OffQueue' presence state to profile - below other states

GENESYS
    Posted 03-23-2023 08:42

Hello Harshil,

I want to say yes it is possible, but I believe that would entail developing your own front-end UI. I am curious, would you be able to share what the concern or potential business case is for changing the position?

To talk a bit more and share my opinion on the default placement, in the platform the On Queue state is technically an activity indicator as opposed to a status or a presence indicator. And in particular, it is a feature meant for agent-type users only. I suppose because status/presence indicators are meant to be used by any user, they are all located in the same place. So from an accessibility perspective separating the On Queue controls makes it practical.

Nico Feliciano
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Move 'Onqueue/OffQueue' presence state to profile - below other states

Posted 03-24-2023 03:38
    Edited by Harshil Andugulapati 03-24-2023 07:37

Hi Nico,

The business case is, I want agent to have ITSM and Contact Center tool in a single page and I am leveraging sidebar feature of Edge for this, now when I am able to use both of these in single view, the only challenge I have is, to go on queue, agent has to expand it, so I want to move the on Queue state in this list of other states.

Is there no configuration option for this?

Also, could you help me with more details on how can I go with creating my own UI?

Thank you.

Harshil Andugulapati
    Tata Consultancy Services Ltd

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources