PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Moving to CIC2023 -R3 any gotcha and a few questions

Posted 01-24-2024 08:40

Hello Community,

I am upgrading my on-prem system from 2022 -R1 to 2023-R3 (i thought they stopped updates for on-prem due to eol)  and I have a few questions as well as ask for any gotcha I might encounter:

I see that Microsoft ODBC Driver 17 - is required - does it matter what flavor (64 bit or x86) you install? I assume that your db version would determine this but i vaguely remember older versions of CIC not playing well with the 64 bit (and i had a 64 bit DB.)

Did the OpenSSL 3.0 cause any opportunities as far as certs go?   

Any other things to watch for? I think the docs are greatly improved, like they tell you to upgrade Media and other components before CIC (learned that the hard way.)

I plan to run migrator after but should i run it before? curious how often people run the migrator (i think it is only needed for a fresh install.)   I have had to do a build or 2 from scratch and only applied the update 1x since - i do not remember it as being difficult, but i have a very quirky system.

Any feedback is appreciated.

#AskMeAnything(AMA)
    #Implementation
    #Security

------------------------------
    Christopher Becker
    State of Michigan - Oakland County - WRC

• 2.  RE: Moving to CIC2023 -R3 any gotcha and a few questions

Posted 02-23-2024 14:26

So first step is to upgrade to Latest patch, done no problemo.  I ran the update on my media server (disconnected from CIC, turned off service, ran update) everything worked fine, however, I cannot reestablish connection with CIC.  I get an error: 

I assume they mean need to run GenSSLCertU  to create the new cert for CIC, but i am not clear on if i need to run this on the CIC or on the Media server and the params.  I am thinking i just need to  GenSSLCertU -r ICSererName UserName Password -a SHA256      any insight is much appreciated. Every time I have run this in the past, I have porked my system.  I have verified a new cert was created during upgrade of Media server. Am i overcomplicating this or can I copy the new cert to the Certs dir on IC and just trust it?    any feedback is appreciated.

Christopher Becker
    State of Michigan - Oakland County - WRC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources