Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Need Assistance with In-Queue Call Flow Script for Estimated Wait Time and Callback Option

Posted 9 days ago

Hi All - I'm implementing an in-queue call flow with 20 seconds of hold music, followed by an estimated wait time announcement for the customer. If the estimated wait time is greater than or equal to 5 minutes, it should offer a callback option. If no action is selected, it should return to the hold music. If the estimated wait time is less than 5 minutes, it should continue announcing the estimated wait time after each 20-second hold music interval.

Could you please provide a script for this?

#ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Thanks,

Saravana Kumar M.
    Accenture LLP

• 2.  RE: Need Assistance with In-Queue Call Flow Script for Estimated Wait Time and Callback Option

Posted 8 days ago

Hi Saravana,
    this is a topic you will have to solve in Architect, not in the scripts. Scripts are for Agents, if they take a call.
    You will need the following components:

• Genesys Cloud Integration "Genesys Cloud Data Actions"
      • Action: "Get Estimated Wait Time"
    • Architect-elements for your In-Queue-Call-Flow:
      • Loop
      • Call Data Action (for "Get Estimated Wait Time")
      • Switch
      • Create Callback
      • Collect Input
      • Hold Music (which defines the waiting time per loop, too)

I hope that helps?

Best regards,
    Christoph

Christoph Domaschke
    CRONBANK AG

• 3.  RE: Need Assistance with In-Queue Call Flow Script for Estimated Wait Time and Callback Option

Posted 8 days ago

Hello Christoph - Thank you for clarifying the difference between an agent script and an architect flow.

Regarding my request, I'm looking to receive an exported file of an in-queue call flow designed to meet my requirements. I have a question about how estimated wait time (EWT) functions in Genesys. Does it automatically detect the queue of the call and calculate the EWT, or do we need to dynamically set the queue before the EWT block?

Please advise on the correct setup for this.

Thanks,

Saravana Kumar M.
    Accenture LLP

• 4.  RE: Need Assistance with In-Queue Call Flow Script for Estimated Wait Time and Callback Option

Posted 8 days ago

Hi Saravana,
    I do not have a flow with your specifications. Unfortunately I do not have the time to build one for you. About the EWT-Data-Action: It has 2 input parameters: The queue-ID, that you have to know (use https://developer.genesys.cloud/routing/routing/#get-api-v2-routing-queues for a list of queueIDs) and the media type (Available Media Types (genesys.cloud)).
    Best
    christoph

Christoph Domaschke
    CRONBANK AG

• 5.  RE: Need Assistance with In-Queue Call Flow Script for Estimated Wait Time and Callback Option

Posted 7 days ago

You do not need a data-action. You can use the in-queue variable Call.EstimatedWaittime to do all your checks for that particular queue.

Vineet Kakroo
    FIL Fund Services (Bermuda) Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources