Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  NEED HELP! (Coaching on Live Interactions)

Posted 03-15-2023 15:58

Hello. I have several question on this topic:

1. When selecting the option to coach the associate, on a live interaction, does the agent receive any type of notification that a coach has joined the call?
    2. I understand if the coach is speaking, the caller cannot hear them, but if the agent has a question or comment intended for the coach, does the caller hear the agent speak to the coach?
    3. Does the conversation between the coach and agent record? 

Curious how we can coach on live interactions without disrupting the conversation between the caller and the agent.

#QualityManagement

------------------------------
    Nicki Dehn
    AAA Club Alliance

• 2.  RE: NEED HELP! (Coaching on Live Interactions)

GENESYS
    Posted 03-16-2023 10:01

Hey Nicki, I remember talking about coaching on the Q&A Show, but I cannot find the video. In the example I saw, the manager would schedule a coaching session, basically a meeting outside of the call vs joining the call live. That being said, @Tracy Vickers is our WEM expert, so she may be able to help and/or know.genesys.com has a ton of results for "coaching" - I would check there to see if you can find your answers. 

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 3.  RE: NEED HELP! (Coaching on Live Interactions)

Posted 03-16-2023 10:20

Thanks for the info Matt. All of the info in the link appear to be relative to scheduling coaching appointments and does not cover the feature I am referencing.

I am specifically interested in Coaching in-progress (Live) interactions. We have supervisors interested in this feature but there is limited information on this topic. Any assistance on my questions would be greatly appreciated. :)

Nicki Dehn
    AAA Club Alliance

• 4.  RE: NEED HELP! (Coaching on Live Interactions)

Posted 03-16-2023 17:22
    Edited by Nicole Dehn 03-16-2023 17:23

@Scott Montague 

Thanks! This was very helpful. I also just conducted a test and it appears there is no notification to the agent when the supervisor is coaching. We also found that the agent cannot place the caller on mute or hold and talk to the supervisor during "coaching". The conversation with the supervisor is not recorded as well.

I agree with your suggestion and will be entering an idea to ask for functionality for the agent to mute their line, with the caller, and speak with the supervisor during coaching.

Have a great day!

Nicki Dehn
    AAA Club Alliance

• 5.  RE: NEED HELP! (Coaching on Live Interactions)

GENESYS
    Posted 03-20-2023 12:24

Hi Nicole,

Sorry for the late response, I was on leave last weeek, I see you have an answer to your question thanks to Scott.

For future reference, you could join and post any questions in regard to the Coaching feature or any other question about any of the soltions in the WEM Suite we have the WEM Community that has a library and discussions posts that may be of help to you :-)

Tracy
    Genesys

• 6.  RE: NEED HELP! (Coaching on Live Interactions)

Posted 03-20-2023 14:15

Thanks @Tracy Vickers!
    I'll be sure to check it out. Thanks for pointing me to this group

Nicki Dehn
    AAA Club Alliance

• 7.  RE: NEED HELP! (Coaching on Live Interactions)
    Best Answer

Posted 03-16-2023 13:15
    Edited by Nicole Dehn 03-16-2023 17:17

When in coaching mode (the whistle on the screen), the agent can hear a coach's whispers.  When the agent talks they are talking to  the customer  and the coach is listening in.  There is no ability to mute yourself for just the customer.  For that, I recommend using an off-call text chat (Teams, etc).

Pretty sure the recording doesn't include the whisper.   

Scott Montague
    Rogers Communications
    Canada

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources