Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

No Name in web messenger

• 1.  No Name in web messenger

Posted 11-22-2022 14:43
    Good morning all,
    My customer is using web messenger and bot flows to collect information from a customer prior to connecting with an agent.
    One of the fields they ask for is a name, and really want the name to display in the interactions on the left instead of it showing 'No Name' 
    They are not using authenticated and do not use external contacts at this stage.
    Has anyone found a way to pass through a name into this field below?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #ConversationalAI(Bots,AgentAssist,etc.)

------------------------------
    Emma Lilley
    Black Box Technologies New Zealand Limited

• 2.  RE: No Name in web messenger

Posted 11-23-2022 10:42
    Yes, one of the shortcomings of Messaging at present.  @Angelo Cicchitto, can you explain why that is?  You have to use the External Lookup tool to find the contact and then use a data action to associate the conversation with that contact.  After that, the local cache should be able to pass through subsequent interactions as that contact.  If users delete their cache, then you will have to re-associate with that contact, but here is the kicker - you can only do that 25 times before you have to completely wipe out the contact and create a new one.  ​​

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: No Name in web messenger

GENESYS
    Posted 11-23-2022 12:09

Hi. The product team is aware of current limitations, and looking into how to simplify Agent UI logic and experience, particularly for anonymous visitors: this is actively in-progress.

Thanks for the patience.

​

Angelo Cicchitto
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: No Name in web messenger

GENESYS
    Posted 09-13-2023 13:27

Hi, I was just wondering if an approved solution was ever implemented to correct this issue? I would consider the ability to display a customers name to the agent would be a basic but important piece of functionality. I tried the action suggested by another responder, (` Genesys('command', 'Database.set', {
    messaging: { customAttributes: { 'context.firstName': 'Julian', 'context.lastName': 'TestLastName' },
    }})`) but that only seems to update the participant data, and even then it appears as context.firstname as the key name. Please advise.

Adam Mazur
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: No Name in web messenger

GENESYS
    Posted 09-14-2023 02:42

See my last comment on this older thread: we've restored a legacy Agent UI feature for Web Chat, making it possible to update the customer name visible in Agent UI by updating Participant Data attribute named "name". This reserved "name" applies to GC Agent UI only, while not applicable to Embeddable Client directly.

Note that we do encourage customers to use External Contacts as the preferred way to update customer name, and whenever the External Contact record is found, its name value will always have higher precedence. 

Angelo Cicchitto
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: No Name in web messenger

GENESYS
    Posted 09-14-2023 08:38

Thank you Sir! That worked for me. :-)

Regarding your statement on external contacts, are you saying that if after initial contact we store their information as an external contact, that the next time they connect, their information will supercede the 'name' in the agent pop-up?

Adam Mazur
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: No Name in web messenger

GENESYS
    Posted 09-14-2023 09:24

That's correct: if External Contact record exists, that name will be visible in Agent UI, regardless of other Participant Data attributes.

Angelo Cicchitto
    Genesys - Employees

• 8.  RE: No Name in web messenger

Posted 09-15-2023 10:52

Hi Angelo - I'm interested in implementing this in our environment as well.  I have set the participant data on a new attribute called "name"  in our message flow but that has not worked for me. Is there an additional step that I might be missing? 

Thanks

Carlos Alonso
    Dow Jones & Company, Inc.

• 9.  RE: No Name in web messenger

GENESYS
    Posted 09-15-2023 11:00

You don't actually add it as participant data. It needs to be added to your web page. For me, we added the following right after our widget code...

Genesys("command", "Database.set", {
      messaging: {
        customAttributes: {
          department: "sales",
          property_type: "apartment",
          device: "mobile",
          Cust_Intent: "TechSupport",
          name: "Joe Customer"
        }

}
    });

This will now show the name in the agent 'pop', and it will be added as participant data, along with the other attributes I added.

Hope that helps.

Adam

Adam M. Mazur, GCP / GSIP-8 / SSCA
    Sr. Principal PS Consultant

• 10.  RE: No Name in web messenger

Posted 09-15-2023 13:31

Thanks Adam.   I'm wondering if this only applies to the widget deployment.  We have a custom integration of messenger and adding the name attribute in our code passed it through to GC but it did not populate the Remote column like we expected. 

Carlos Alonso
    Dow Jones & Company, Inc.

• 11.  RE: No Name in web messenger

Posted 11-06-2023 06:07

Hi Adam,

This particular 'name' part is working, but I'm struggling with the fact in how to get a slot value to this. 

Basically, the following occurs. 

We do not (and most likely cannot use at all) use authenticated user option.
    I created a digital bot flow where in a slot I ask for the name of the user. 
    This is saved and being used in a script for the agent. 
    How can you use this value to be presented in the 'name' part. 

Is this possible at all, or dot we have to wait for the feature to be built where you can use participant data in digital bot flows?

Help is appreciated. Thanks.

Rolph Lieverse
    CED Nederland B.V.

• 12.  RE: No Name in web messenger

Posted 01-18-2023 07:55
    I was able to make it present the name while interaction is in progress, sadly didn't find a way so that it persist after the interaction.

` Genesys('command', 'Database.set', {
    messaging: { customAttributes: { 'context.firstName': 'Julian', 'context.lastName': 'TestLastName' },
    }})`

Julian De La Cruz
    HelloFresh

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources