PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  No new records being written to Database?

Posted 11-27-2023 18:15

Hello all!

As you may have seen from my other posts, I am currently involved in the upgrade and migration of a PureConnect site. As part of that, the SQL server has been migrated as the old one was no longer supported.

So, the database was moved successfully.

SUA was re-run and the Database connection was recreated.

The ODBC(32) connections have been verified as correct. (SUA doesn't fully correct these :-/)

The IC Data Sources have been verified (and corrected, as necessary!)

BUT, we aren't seeing any new data since the move. Running reports shows the data from before the migration, which indicates that the connection is OK and the database was successfully moved. I don't see anything stacking up in PMQ either.

Does anyone have any suggestions of where to look next?

TIA

#Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Paul Simpson

• 2.  RE: No new records being written to Database?

Posted 11-28-2023 09:59

Paul,

Has anyone checked the actual DB tables to see if there are any new records? Also, IPDBServer trace logging is the closest to the ODBC layer, so crank that up and see what is happening there.

Since PMQ is not backing up, I suspect it may be a permissions issue in the report runtime event, but again, IPDBServer will tell the tale best.

Chris Mayo
    Director, Professional Services - Genesys
    C1 (f.k.a. ConvergeOne)

• 3.  RE: No new records being written to Database?

GENESYS
    Posted 11-28-2023 10:05

Hey Paul - Good morning! 

I would try to login to SSMS with the IC_User and IC_Admin creds.  Those are the credentials most likely tied to the IC Report Logging datasource, which is responsible for writing the data.  If you login with either of those successfully, try to insert a record in a custom or unused table.  This tells you A) you can login and the creds are good to go, and B) the permissions are such that the INSERTs from PC should be running without issue. 

If you are able to do that, I'd investigate the TransactionServer logs, followed by EventViewer on the PC Server.  Both should indicate any errors of connecting to the current DB for writing, or attempting to connect to the older DB and it is no longer there (though in this latter case, I'd expect *.ERR files to be stacking up in your PMQ directory).

Thanks,
    Trent.

Trent Vance
    TTEC Digital, LLC fka Avtex Solutions, LLC

• 4.  RE: No new records being written to Database?

Posted 11-28-2023 16:37

Thanks to both @Chris Mayo and @Trent Vance!

So, things have moved on a bit (and gotten a little stranger...)

I reviewed the logs you mentioned and could find nothing of note. I also had a play with some reports and discovered that it's not all reports! User Call Detail (both the Legacy and the one in User Reports) and DNIS Call Detail run fine. The legacy Queue Summary report, however, shows no data after the upgrade. I looked at the associated Stored Procedure, View and Table and found that the StatProfile table is missing data since the upgrade.

Does anyone know which subsystem is responsible for generating the data to populate that table? Or if there are any configuration settings I can check?

I'm still debating a server reboot.

TIA

Paul Simpson

• 5.  RE: No new records being written to Database?

Posted 11-28-2023 17:13

Quick update.

It's looking like it's summary data that's mainly affected. Any idea which subsystem I should be targeting?

Paul Simpson

• 6.  RE: No new records being written to Database?

Posted 11-28-2023 17:17

Generally speaking I believe that is statserverworkgroup that pushes most of that data to the database, but it also drives real time workgroup data.  Is that being impacted at all?

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah - comments on this forum reflect my own personal opinions\observations and are separate from any entity I am otherwise involved in.

• 7.  RE: No new records being written to Database?

Posted 11-29-2023 14:03

Thanks, @Aaron Lael! We will check the real time data and see if it has been impacted.

Paul Simpson

• 8.  RE: No new records being written to Database?

Posted 11-29-2023 15:24

@Aaron Lael,

When I look at Workgroup Overview, Workgroup Details or a Workgroup Queue, I see data showing up, so I don't think that's where the issue lies - good call though! I also checked the statserverworkgroup log, but it didn't contain any errors, so....

We attempted a system reboot last night, but no change.

Paul Simpson

• 9.  RE: No new records being written to Database?

Posted 11-30-2023 09:19

Just a few "silly" questions:

When you ran setup assistant to repoint the database, was the whole system down at the time?  My understanding is that funky things can replicate between the two servers if you do not have the platform completely down -> run SUA on each server to point to the new database server -> then bring a server back online.

Also, have you checked the old database to see if by chance records are being written there?  A lot would need to align for this (firewall rules, etc) but crazier things have happened, especially since you're generating stats successfully with no errors in the system and no backlog in PMQ.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah - comments on this forum reflect my own personal opinions\observations and are separate from any entity I am otherwise involved in.

• 10.  RE: No new records being written to Database?

Posted 12-04-2023 15:00

Thanks, Again @Aaron Lael!

I have news!!!

We attempted the migration and the reporting started to work again. (Sadly, we had to back it out again, see my other posts...) I think the DB issue was caused by the version jump. The new DB is the latest version of SQL server, which isn't technically supported by the old version of IC.

I'm surprised that if it was going to fail, it didn't do so catastrophically, but heh-ho.

Thanks for the suggestions and pointers, everyone!

Paul Simpson

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources