PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  No Ringing Sound

Posted 09-12-2022 08:04
    Hi,

I have PureConnect lab to develop CTI connector for various CRMs using IceLib SDK. We got it ready for RightNow CRM. But facing one small issue.
    When call lands on Agent's soft phone, there is no ringing sound. But the CTI connector gets all the events properly and we are able to pick the call.

When tested using Interaction Desktop, it works fine. And there is loud ringing tone.

What could be the probable cause. Do i need to control ringing sound from the CTI Connector using IceLib SDK. But I feel default settings should work.

Computer sound is set to 100%.

Please guide us.

Regards,
    Sukhadeo.
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Sukhadeo Prasad
    Consilium Software Inc Pte Ltd

• 2.  RE: No Ringing Sound

Posted 09-13-2022 08:39
    Hi Sukhadeo,

I'm not sure but did you check the soft phone settings itself and which speaker setting is used as a default settings? I'm just thinking loudly.

Thanks,
    Best Regards

Cenk Gündüz
    Founder
    CTCOMM

• 3.  RE: No Ringing Sound

Posted 09-14-2022 03:17
    Hi Cenk,

I tried with both options under Audio Configurations for Soft Phone. 
    As it works for Interaction Desktop, it seems that ringing tone is played by the application. 

Regards,
    Sukhadeo.

Sukhadeo Prasad
    Consilium Software Inc Pte Ltd

• 4.  RE: No Ringing Sound
    Best Answer

Posted 09-14-2022 03:44
    Hi Sukhadeo,

We have tested in our environment to see if the PureConnect Softphone generates ringtone itself but you are right it is not. As per my understanding PureConnect Softphone is designed to use with Client Applications such as Interaction Client or Interaction Desktop especially.

I may suggest you to use free 3rd party Softphones like MicroSIP, Zoiper etc.. If you are not restricted by Internal policies. These Soft Phones can provide this option to add custom ring tones.

Please give it try and let me know if it works for you.

Thanks,
    Best Regards

Cenk Gündüz
    Founder
    CTCOMM

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources