Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Obtaining Information from Audit Viewer

Posted 01-31-2023 16:25

We use multiple queues and are frequently activating and deactivating agents from the queues. When using audit viewer to look at the activations and deactivations for our queues it shows the user that made the changes, however, I cannot find the agents that were changed in the audit viewer. Expanding the details only provides me with the following:

QueueMember/c824549a-7fb1-4b0b-bf9d-a98671e7267b:676266fc-2c16-4a11-b43d-7481a98736b1:joined

Does anyone know how to take this information to determine what agent was updated? Or know of another way I might be able to obtain this information?

Thanks!

#Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Kelley Burtner
    North American Bancard

• 2.  RE: Obtaining Information from Audit Viewer

Posted 02-06-2023 16:26
    Hi,

Is this something you want to do frequently, or just one-offs?

That fruit-salad of hexadecimal is what's known as the Globally Unique Identifier (GUID) for the user. To find out who it is (one method):
    1. Copy everything between the / and the :
    2. Go to Admin->People and open any user at all.
    3. In the URL, you will see the GUID of the user you just opened. Simply replace it with the one you copied in step 1.

There are other methods, such as using the API Explorer, but this approach is probably quickest.

HTH

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 3.  RE: Obtaining Information from Audit Viewer

GENESYS
    Posted 02-09-2023 15:32

Hi @Kelley Burtner 

Your question was answered at the 36:25 mark of the latest episode of The Q&A Show. We hope it helps you out! 

Nicole Milliken
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Obtaining Information from Audit Viewer

GENESYS
    Posted 02-09-2023 18:38

I'm leaning more towards the answer from Paul S below more than the answer from the Community Q&A. The example you shared tells us which user was modified, just via their system ID.

In this: "QueueMember/c824549a-7fb1-4b0b-bf9d-a98671e7267b:676266fc-2c16-4a11-b43d-7481a98736b1:joined" the underlined part is the system ID of the queue, and the bold part is the ID of the user who was added, removed, joined, or unjoined. The only 'trick' is translating that ID to a person, which I recommend doing via the address bar edit-and-swap method that Paul outlines, unless you find yourself needing to translate IDs multiple times a day.

Brad Murlin
    Zillow, Inc.

• 5.  RE: Obtaining Information from Audit Viewer

Posted 02-09-2023 19:17

If this is something you do regularly you could potentially create a Powershell script using the CLI that first gets the changes made under the ContactCenter service within your interval then iterates through them to print out/export to you the users modified - using two queries.

Vaun McCarthy

• 6.  RE: Obtaining Information from Audit Viewer

Posted 04-06-2023 05:20

Hi Vaun, 

Do you by any chance know how to create this PowerShell script using CLI. And could you provide me with the queries aswell.

Thanks in advance.

Furkan Arslanhan
    Frontline Solutions B.V.

• 7.  RE: Obtaining Information from Audit Viewer

GENESYS
    Posted 04-06-2023 10:42

Hey Vaun, if you (or anyone else) has an answer about the PowerShell, Furkan created a new discussion thread that you can reply to. 

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources