PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  On hold music still playing after call pickup!?!

Posted 01-13-2023 17:41
    Hi everyone,
    I am trying to troubleshoot one heck of a weird issue... A user reported that on one call the user and the inbound caller could both hear the on hold music even after the call got picked up by the agent but then stopped playing when that agent transferred to another queue.

How can this be explained? A simple bug? Some kind of alien space time manipulation?

This is a CIC 2021 R1 PATCH 4.
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Jeffersen Beaulieu
    Bell Canada

• 2.  RE: On hold music still playing after call pickup!?!

Posted 01-13-2023 17:50

Have you implemented any handlers for your in queue audio that callers hear while waiting for an agent?  This sort of thing can happen if you connect the "Failure" path of a get key/extended get key tool that is being used to flush an audio sequence in a handler to more audio steps.

If you look at the definition of the failure path for these tools:

Failure
    This tool can take the Failure exit path for several reasons. Failure can occur if the call disconnects, if the call is picked up by a user (and is no longer under the control of the handler), the call ID is no longer valid (if the call is deallocated), or system resource limitation.

This can explain why the transfer cleared the audio, since the state and control of the call changed, it failed again potentially at a different spot in your logic.

Again, this is all assuming that you've got custom handlers where I think you do.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah - comments on this forum reflect my own personal opinions\observations and are separate from any entity I am otherwise involved in.

• 3.  RE: On hold music still playing after call pickup!?!

Posted 01-15-2023 13:46
    Hi Jeffersen,

It seems that you probably customized handlers in your environment. Therefore i suggest you to check how bTransferred variable is set? If it is set to True please set it to False or vice versa and give it try again.

This variable is used to inform the system that handlers no longer needed and it should be processed out of handler(s). That's the reason you need to change the status of that variable.

Another possibility is to check the Flush Audio option of Get Key or Get Extended Key tools if they are used in any customised handlers for Audio Operations.

Good Luck

Cenk Gündüz
    Founder
    CTCOMM

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources