Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Open "Blind Transfer" panel via an API

Posted 07-18-2022 18:53
    Hi,

We have an Email Ticketing system that is deployed as an AppFoundry Premium App. We dynamically create an interaction and screen-pop our Email Ticketing page into the Genesys workspace. For usability reasons, we have a "Blind Transfer" button inside of our app that should replicate the functionality of the Genesys functionality.

We have two ways to achieve this:
    1. [CURRENT WAY] When the agent clicks the button, we show our own pop-up that uses Genesys APIs to search possible users/queues and then call another API to do the transfer.
    2. [BETTER WAY] Ideally, when the agent clicks the button, we should simply launch the standard Genesys Transfer window. Is there an API (REST, embedded framework or JavaScript) that would allow us to launch the Genesys transfer window? See below

#Implementation
    #Integrations
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface

------------------------------
    Maksim Gill
    Eccentex, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Open "Blind Transfer" panel via an API

Posted 07-19-2022 10:37

Maksim,

I don't believe you can. The problem is that the API is "talking to" the cloud back-end (on AWS) not any code that is running locally on the client.

Now, you may be able to figure out a way to locate the particular control and programmatically activate it, but I highly doubt such efforts would be supported and may cease to work as Genesys develop the product.

Another option (and I have no idea if this is even a possibility for you) might be to look at something like Sikulix, this is an automation platform that works graphically, so if your button were able to activate some Sikulix code that located the transfer button and "clicked" it, that may work?

Other than that, I'm out of ideas, I'm afraid.

Of course, as soon as I hit "Post" someone else will probably post how to do it! 🤷‍♂️

• 3.  RE: Open "Blind Transfer" panel via an API

Posted 07-19-2022 13:55
    That's what I though.

From an iFrame perspective, I don't think we can go outside of our frame due to HTML restrictions on Genesys Cloud's side. I was just assuming there was some built-in path that we can use to communicate with the Genesys Cloud UI.

Maksim Gill
    Eccentex, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Open "Blind Transfer" panel via an API

Posted 08-02-2022 16:36
    Apologies for the delay in responding, I was on vacation.

That's why Sikulix might be a good bet, it works on graphics on the screen, so isn't restricted by iFrame security and stuff - it can look for a button and click it ;-)

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources