Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Outbound api rate limit with rulesets

Posted 09-28-2022 10:05

Hi all,

When using the Desktop client(haven't tried web browser), when I attempt to add or rearrange call rule sets on the campaign I'm seeing error an error message in the client stating too many requests:

From my tests, changing one of six rule set's position in the list sends out 60 requests(appears to be 10 requests per rule). This seems like an excessive, non-scalable amount considering the rate limits of what I understand is 300 per minute. 

I'm trying to work with through our partner support to have Genesys look into this, but wanted to reach out to the community to see if this something anyone else has experience or has worked with support previously for the same issue. 

Thanks,

#Outbound
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Eric Berkshire
    Broker Solutions, Inc. DBA New American Funding

• 2.  RE: Outbound api rate limit with rulesets

Posted 10-06-2022 20:08
    Yes, you are hitting some rate limits, and yes, that seems a bit restrictive.  I would open a ticket as you probably have to get support to look at this.  @Chad McCormick, would you have any insight into this?​

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Outbound api rate limit with rulesets

Posted 12-01-2022 11:58
    I've been told that I'm using too many rules and that it's a limit of the system. I had 12 rules applied to the campaign. Genesys  is working on providing a fix but it seems like it's only documentation on the limit(I've tried to clarify with the engineer if it's a fix or a document and it seems like it's only a document). I've since consolidated several rules and have gotten them down to about 8. 

I'm a little disappointed in the response as this looks to be an inefficiency in how the client is validating the rules on the campaign rather than an actual limit of the rules. The campaigns run fine once the rules are there.  It's just annoying when it occurs as I have to sit and wait until I can save it. In some cases, immediately after saving, I can be rate limited again while loading the campaigns which causes not all(sometimes none) of the campaigns to load until I refresh. I'm worried what my campaign managers are going to think if this occurs to them.

Eric Berkshire
    Broker Solutions, Inc. DBA New American Funding

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources