Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Outbound Dialler - Multiple Campaigns and Public Holidays - How to schedule

Posted 07-05-2022 02:00
    I am hoping someone in this group can help me with a sticky question.
    We are running multiple campaigns across multiple states and time zones. Each of those campaigns will have different Public Holidays so each will need it's own schedule
    I am in Australia so don't have the same Time Zone configuration options available elsewhere so am looking to do it manually
    I started by using the schedule in the outbound dialler section and have discovered this is very time draining
    I have thought about using Divisions and placing the queues into those to allow me to quickly create schedules that way but I am afraid of what that will do to the rest of the system configuration
    Does anyone have a quick and easy solution to how to configure and schedule these?
    Thanks
    #Outbound

------------------------------
    Melinda Roberts
    Latrobe Health Services

• 2.  RE: Outbound Dialler - Multiple Campaigns and Public Holidays - How to schedule

Posted 07-28-2022 23:51
    You mean not everyone follows US time zones?  

So, I would definitely suggest you use a different Contactable Time Set for each State for the times required.  The hard part is the days not to call just like our mini-TCPA rules we have in the US.  In reality, I doubt you are going to get anything effective in Genesys Cloud natively.  Best bet is just to use a pre-call rule that checks against a database containing the rules.  We have Geoscrub with DNC.com for over here, but not sure they offer the same down under.  You could host a web service that checks against the national Do Not Call list and then the local state holidays to determine if you can call.  I did find this guide, which should get you the information you need:  A guide to Australian telemarketing and spam call laws | CallRail.  CallRail might have a product like DNC.com.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Outbound Dialler - Multiple Campaigns and Public Holidays - How to schedule

Posted 07-29-2022 00:23
    Thank you so much Robert, a few options there for me to look at, hopefully a solution may be included within the software one day but for now I'll look into the options you suggested

Melinda Roberts
    Latrobe Health Services

• 4.  RE: Outbound Dialler - Multiple Campaigns and Public Holidays - How to schedule

Posted 10-13-2023 02:52

Contactable time sets to not contain holiday lookups though.  I can see using them to solve for the time zone question, but the holiday support or lack thereof is terrible.  What about weekends?  You have to build a schedule for every week into the future manually for each campaign.  It's a total pain for campaigns that run daily (business days only).   Wish the schedules could be built off of Schedule Groups or linked to them.  There isn't even a good API call to do a data action against to evaluate a schedule group.

Ryan Cheesman
    Senior Manager, IT Integration Services
    Tandem Diabetes Care Inc. | positively different

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources