Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Outbound digital (email) campaigns - Prevent contacting a previously contacted contact

Posted 06-09-2022 03:51
    Hi All,

If you have a contact list assigned to an outbound email campaign, run the campaign, emails are sent to the contacts as expected.  If you download the contact list there are two columns, "EmailLastAttempt-Email" and "EmailLastResult-Email".  When the outbound email is successfully sent it updates these columns and the result is "OUTBOUND-MESSAGE-SENT".

Now if you append the contact list and turn on the campaign or just turn on the campaign without appending the contact list, all of the originally emailed contacts are emailed again.  I cannot see any way to stop this?

With voice campaigns you can use wrap-up code mappings to make the contact uncallabled/etc

Am I missing anything or should another process be followed?

Thanks Luke
    #DigitalChannels
    #Outbound

------------------------------
    Luke Mitchell
    Connect

• 2.  RE: Outbound digital (email) campaigns - Prevent contacting a previously contacted contact

Posted 06-10-2022 08:15
    Hi Luke,  I haven't used the Email Campaigns so I'm interested in the answer to this one.

Is there not a Contact Callable analog for Email contacts?
    I know in a Voice Campaign if you leave the contacts in the list over night the restrictions your are talking about to limit the per day contacts and prevent over contacting are configured with the Attempt Controls Placed on the Contact List.  I would hope this logic is still in use for Email Campaigns.

Also, if the Wrap-up code are still in use and they can make contacts un-callable...  Do you maybe just need to apply the wrap-up using the Email Flow or Call Rules

Chris Martin
    CCS Medical

• 3.  RE: Outbound digital (email) campaigns - Prevent contacting a previously contacted contact

Posted 06-10-2022 08:46
    Hi Chris,

There is nothing to set the contact as callable/etc at present, attempt controls are not possible with an email campaign and you cannot assign a wrap up code either.  This is similar to outbound SMS campaigns too.

I have a case raised with customer care to confirm but there is a roadmap item to add rules to digital campaigns (as these are not available either) which I am hoping we can achieve this by putting the contact in DNC or applying a wrap up

Thanks Luke

Luke Mitchell
    Connect

• 4.  RE: Outbound digital (email) campaigns - Prevent contacting a previously contacted contact

GENESYS
    Posted 06-10-2022 10:16
    All, 
    I'm excited to tell you that Outbound Digital Rules are coming very soon! These will include several rule conditions and actions that behave similarly to the existing Call Rules, including options to mark a contact or any of its numbers/email addresses uncontactable for Voice, Email, or SMS! Alongside rules, we will be releasing a revamp of contact callable status, which will allow for API manipulation per channel.

Wrapup code mappings are not currently supported by digital campaigns.

Thank you,

Sean Carter
    Lead Software Engineer - Outbound
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Outbound digital (email) campaigns - Prevent contacting a previously contacted contact

Posted 07-06-2022 10:37
    Will the new outbound digital rules you mention above only apply to campaigns? Or, will they also work for basic outbound e-mails? We are hoping to create rules to only allow e-mails to certain domains.

Jeff Gaedke
    Goldman Sachs

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources