Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Outbound Voice Campaign in a Blended Environment

Posted 07-07-2022 15:58
    Hi Community, 
    My organization plans on utilizing a blended environment for voice interactions as part of an upcoming project going live in a couple months. We plan on using preview dialing for outbound calls, while also having the same agents receive inbound calls between offered dialer outbound calls. My requirements are: if an Inbound call comes in, the agent should take that call, else they should work the dialer list in the Outbound campaign. 
    I'm assuming that this is a pretty normal setup for Genesys customers. From the documentation I've read, it seems like this is possible with Genesys out-of-the-box. 

Is anyone else using this sort of setup? Have you learned any lessons along the way? Is there anything my team should watch out for? 

We haven't done call blending before, so any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Outbound
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Cory King
    IT Lead
    IGS Energy

• 2.  RE: Outbound Voice Campaign in a Blended Environment

Posted 07-29-2022 19:26
    Yes, this is used, but not as much as you think.  The problem is that most companies don't have enough agents to handle the inbound calls, so never are free to work an outbound call.  I usually suggest different queues at least and to reduce the priority of inbound calls so they don't have higher priority of the outbound calls.  You might have more luck using Power or Preview to start.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Outbound Voice Campaign in a Blended Environment

Posted 08-01-2022 10:08

Thank you for the reply, Robert!
    We're hoping to prioritize the inbound calls over the outbound calls for this particular group, so it sounds like the blended queue will meet that need. I appreciate the insight you've provided!

Thanks,

Cory

Cory King
    IT Lead
    IGS Energy

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources