Workforce Engagement Management

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Overwriting a published schedule

Posted 12-05-2022 10:24
    No replies, thread closed.
    Good morning

So sorry to be bothering everyone again - I can see no notes on this one.

We have a published scheduled - a majority of the shifts will change effective December 11th.  I did up the changes and ran a new schedule.  I cannot publish as I get the error

So the dilemma is that this week's is still current.  However come next Sunday the shifts will change.  How can I overwrite.  Thought about just deleting the current schedule and rebuilding from this week but is there a better way to do it?

Shirley

#Scheduling

------------------------------
    Shirley Harbers
    Alcatel-Lucent USA Inc.

• 2.  RE: Overwriting a published schedule

GENESYS
    Posted 12-05-2022 14:06
    Edited by Jay Langsford 12-05-2022 14:06
    If you say have a six week published schedule starting Mon, 28-Nov through Sun, 01-Jan, you should be able to publish a different schedule so long as that schedule end date is the same or after the currently published schedule's end date. I.e., attempting to publish a schedule for Mon, 12-Dec through Sun, 18-Dec will result in a failure with the message you noted above. Attempting to publish a schedule for Mon, 12-Dec through Sun, 01-Jan or later should succeed. Basically we do not allow a published schedule to be 'split' in two non-consecutive time periods by another published schedule.

Jay Langsford
    VP, R&D

• 3.  RE: Overwriting a published schedule

Posted 12-06-2022 05:49
    Thanks Jay 

The issue started yesterday when I tried to reschedule that agent with the different workplan.  It just would not take.  So instead as it was rather urgent I created a new schedule and then the changes did take which was a mystery to me.  That is when I tried to publish a NEW schedule and got the message.  What I did then was delete the current schedule and create a new one and then the changes took.   Of course the manual changes I did were lost but lesson learned.

If what you are saying is what I follow - I have a published schedule - I make changes - when I hit publish again the changes should take - generally they do.  It was all the workplan change which made me try something different and ended up deleting and starting over.

Shirley

Shirley Harbers
    Alcatel-Lucent USA Inc.

• 4.  RE: Overwriting a published schedule

Posted 12-06-2022 08:51
    Try regenerating your schedule from the 11th forward only with options to overwrite any manual edits (assuming these are ok in your case) with the new work plans. You should be able to select the date range you want to overwrite. The system will not allow you to have two different schedule sets active at the same time - that gives you the error you're getting.

Crystal Daniels
    Blucora, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources