Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Passing External Contact Data to Web Messenger

Posted 10-09-2023 16:51

We configured the inbound Digital Bot flow to call the Genesys Data Action and retrieve External Contact information if the customer enters their phone number in the web messenger.  When the customer requests to speak to an agent, the bot flow exits to our inbound message flow and targets the queue.  Unfortunately, none of the customer data is passing and the customer contact information doesn't appear in the agent message window.  Just displays "No Name"  Any thoughts on how to resolve?

Unable to pass external contact information in Web Messenger.

#ConversationalAI(Bots,AgentAssist,etc.)

------------------------------
    Steven Strom
    Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Passing External Contact Data to Web Messenger

Posted 10-09-2023 22:03

Hey Steven, 

What you need to do here is once you get the details, complete a search and get the external contact ID - then use this in another data action to then link it to the contact. It's a few steps, and there are some edge cases like if you have a customer that has the same number/email it will return multiple results and you'll need to decide which one to use etc. All of which you can create decisions for. 

As an example - here is part of what we do. 

1. Get phone number from bot flow
    2. Run search on external contacts using the phone number as the search term
    3. If results of that = 1 then move to step 4 - If results >1 we exit flow (To have agent double check and confirm which contact to link to)
    4. Get communicationID of the message type media type
    5. Run contact association with message and external contact. 

For the search we use /api/v2/externalcontacts/contacts?q=${input.searchTerm} This will return all the details for matched. We take the first result in these and take a bunch of details out from the API response to move on. One of these is the externalContactId

For communicationID we use the interactionID /api/v2/conversations/${input.conversationId} and take the first participants message ID 

For the contact association we use /api/v2/externalcontacts/conversations/${input.conversationId} and in the body use the externalContactId, interactionID, communicationID and the mediaType. 

Happy to assist further - I've attached a simple flow of this for one of my centres. 

Lawrence Drayton
    Prvidr Pty Ltd

• 3.  RE: Passing External Contact Data to Web Messenger

Posted 10-10-2023 08:40

Lawrence, this is great work and thank you very much for your detailed response !  We will work on this today.  Very helpful. 

---------------------------------
    Steven Strom
    Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc.
    ---------------------------------

• 4.  RE: Passing External Contact Data to Web Messenger

Posted 10-10-2023 18:53

My pleasure mate :) 

If you need, I can export the data actions and send to you to assist etc. Let me know how you go :) 

Lawrence Drayton
    Prvidr Pty Ltd

• 5.  RE: Passing External Contact Data to Web Messenger

Posted 11-16-2023 13:26

Lawrence, can you explain how you set up the "AskforSlot" for the email address action? I'm not following how to create the slot/slot types to collect and store the email value. Thanks!

Marc Lozano
    InflowCX

• 6.  RE: Passing External Contact Data to Web Messenger

Posted 11-19-2023 19:49

Hey Marc, 

No drama - 

1. Set up a "Slot Type"
      1. Set it as a regular expression 
      2. Use the following regex "^[A-Za-z0-9._%-]+@[A-Za-z0-9.-]+.[A-Za-z]{2,4}$"
    2. Set up "Slot"
      1. Set the Slot Type as your previously created email slot type
    3. In your flow add a "Ask For Slot" block
      1. In "Slot Result" enter your slot name from step 2

If you need any other help let me know, happy to jump on a call. 

:)

Lawrence Drayton
    Prvidr Pty Ltd

• 7.  RE: Passing External Contact Data to Web Messenger

Posted 13 days ago

Hi Lawrence, 

Do you mind sending me the data actions? I am trying to set this up as well and really struggling. 

April Uran
    Utilities Protection Center

• 8.  RE: Passing External Contact Data to Web Messenger

Posted 12 days ago

@Lawrence Drayton I am tagging you since it didn't work in my message above. 

April Uran
    Utilities Protection Center

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources