Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Permissions reference

Posted 11-22-2022 09:55
    HI,

Dumb question time....

Is there  a resource anywhere that details the permissions and what each actually does / allows (and whether it's division aware or not)?

The resource center does a good job of listing the permissions required to perform a particular task (to do task A, you need Permissions X, Y & Z) but I need to see that in reverse - in particular, what the implication is of removing a permission.

Right now, I have a use case where I need to remove the ability for agents to transfer directly to a queue. The RC says that there are three permissions required (Conversation->Communication->Target, Routing->Queue->View & Routing->Queue-Search) but before I remove any of these, I need to be sure that I'm not breaking something else!

So, anyone have a link (or a search term) that leads to this information?

TIA
    #PlatformAdministration
    #Security

------------------------------
    Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 2.  RE: Permissions reference

Posted 11-23-2022 10:00
    This will get you most of what you are looking for:  Products, roles, and permissions list - Genesys Cloud Resource Center (mypurecloud.com)

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Permissions reference

Posted 11-23-2022 14:56
    We had the same problem and ultimately removed the Routing>Queue>Search permission. When we did this, agents could no longer see the friendly name of the queue in the Interactions data; the queue name appeared as the GUID. We ended up giving the permission back to a subset of agents, but still have problems with this subset of agents transferring directly to a queue. 

Hope this helps!

Cory King
    IT Lead
    Interstate Gas Supply, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Permissions reference

Posted 12-06-2022 17:38
    Edited by Paul Simpson 12-06-2022 17:48
    Thanks to both @Robert Wakefield-Carl and @Cory King!

I have also heard that removing Routing > Queue > View has the desired effect.

My issue however is that there isn't a comprehensive, "where this permission is used" reference, so it's hard to be sure that removing it won't introduce unintended consequences. ​​​I tried doing a search for the permission in the RC, but I'm not confident in the results it found. (2 pages, neither of which were the one that describes queue transfers, which definitely mentions this permission!)

I guess we may have to try it and see if anything breaks...

I have added an idea to have this information added to the Resource Center. I'd appreciate any upvotes!

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 5.  RE: Permissions reference

Posted 12-06-2022 18:24
    Lucky for you, there is a feature coming soon that lets you look at unused permissions and roles.  Here is the resource: Limited PII masking in Performance views and exports - Genesys Cloud Resource Center (mypurecloud.com)

I have it in Beta and it is good for what it was intended.  Looks like the release is the first or second week in Jan.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 6.  RE: Permissions reference

Posted 12-07-2022 10:07
    Interesting. That will be useful. Unfortunately, won't help in this case ;-)

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources