PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View

Phone issues following upgrade

• 1.  Phone issues following upgrade

Posted 12-04-2023 15:11
    Edited by Paul Simpson 12-04-2023 15:12

Hey, everyone!

So, the latest chapter in the ongoing saga of the IC Upgrade. We attempted the migration, but had to back it out for a number of reasons. One of the main ones was problems with the Stations.

The physical phones, Polycom VVX 310s, exhibited one of three symptoms. (Remember, these all work on the old system and everything was migrated over.)

1. Display "Setup". Not sure why they would become un-provisioned. We didn't attempt to re-provision as we had already decided to back out.
    2. Display "VVX 310" and the "Not registered" icon. This is odd, but I suspect may be down to DHCP and caching. (The "old" system had been disabled at this point.)
    3. The strangest, Requesting an Admin password reset (see middle image below.) Nobody knew anything about there being a password set on the phone. After some Googling, we found instructions on how to Factory reset them phones without knowing the password, but this didn't seem to work.

Additionally, the SIP Softphones were giving certificate errors and demanding credentials. These did not work, despite the user being a local administrator and the SoftPhone being run as Administrator. I suspect we will need to delete the certs and so on, but I didn't want to do this until we were sure the remainder of the migration was successful.

Anyway, if anyone has any pearls of wisdom to share, I'm all ears!

Thanks 🤪

#Telephony

------------------------------
    Paul Simpson
    ------------------------------

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources