Workforce Engagement Management

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Planning Groups

Posted 12-05-2022 07:49
    No replies, thread closed.
    Hi everyone

Sorry to be a bother :)  I have searched the help file.  I have 2 agents that need to have a planning group assigned.

I went to planning groups and went to agent tab - there is no place to "add" agents that I can see.  When I go to "people" I see they have all the skills needed to be in that planning group but can't figure out how to add them?

How do I do this?  

Thanks
    Shirley
    #WorkforceManagement

------------------------------
    Shirley Harbers
    Alcatel-Lucent USA Inc.

• 2.  RE: Planning Groups

GENESYS
    Posted 12-05-2022 15:06
    Agents will show up there if they are correctly configured to be able to handle that planning group's route paths (i.e., queue(s), language(s), and skill(s)). If the two agents have had recent changes to their capabilities, then you can utilize the 'Sync Changes' button at the top of the Agents list page in WFM to sync these changes (or wait a bit as we periodically refresh capabilities).

Jay Langsford
    VP, R&D

• 3.  RE: Planning Groups

Posted 12-06-2022 05:44
    Thanks Again

So comparing 2 of the agents - one with the planning group I need the other not.  Both are assigned to the queue.  However the ones that are not do not have ALL the skills.  They have some of them.  With the planning group they need ALL the skills to handle that queue?  It won't work with some of them?  When I go to intra-day monitoring (which is done by planning group) it won't pick up everything correct as some of the agents may not be in there due to skill?  For instance in our Voice queue - one of the skills is "outage" - not all agents are ready for that work on day one. It is part of the queue.  Due to the fact that some of the agents do not have that skill it may show a skewed volumes?

Shirley

Shirley Harbers
    Alcatel-Lucent USA Inc.

• 4.  RE: Planning Groups

GENESYS
    Posted 12-06-2022 08:01
    Edited by Jay Langsford 12-06-2022 08:01

Agents must have all of the capabilities configured that are required to handle any and all route paths for the planning group.

For planning group config we have the following as a note on the user interface: Agents must be able to handle all of the route paths in this planning group to be scheduled against any of the route paths in this planning group.

The following two resource articles also mention similar:
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/planning-groups-overview/
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/planning-groups-key-principles/

If an agent matches no planning group, then their schedules will not be based on load (since they appear not to be able to handle any planning groups). At an extreme you might have planning groups with no associated agents - in which case no resources would be scheduled.

Misconfiguration of planning groups has an effect on forecasts, schedules, and intraday monitoring so it is crucial to get right.

We have a professional services consultant group at Genesys that concentrate on WFM that you could engage.

Jay Langsford
    VP, R&D

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources