PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Possible Lost Password for Media server or server too Hardened

Posted 06-09-2022 13:45
    I am in the beginning of an Upgrade/patch process and I am not able to log into the Media Server Web app.  I get the 'normal' insecure site warning, but i have it in my Trusted sites, and I have tried it with all variations of ssl3 to tls1.2 on and off, but i cannot log in.  The Media server application has not been accessed for several years (PCI servers very hardened and Physical Access only so not visited since pre-covid) so I am not entirely convinced the credentials are correct.

Is there a way to validate the expected credentials in the registry or some other matter? I am hoping my only option is not to create a new account in the CIC and move everything to that account, but I am thinking this too would require me accessing the Media Server Web App.

Any and all help is appreciated.
    #AskMeAnything(AMA)
    #Security
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Christopher Becker
    State of Michigan - Oakland County - WRC

• 2.  RE: Possible Lost Password for Media server or server too Hardened
    Best Answer

Posted 06-09-2022 14:09
    Hi Christopher,

Yes in the registry you can validate what the username is, but the password will be encrypted as Letters and Numbers. If you delete the String when editing the Password registry entry it will make it so you only have to put the username in the site login to get in.

You will then go to the Config tab and click on Administration and set it to a password you want. When you go to set it you will just need to put in the username for the old username. then in the username put in the same username (unless you want to change that as well) and then the password you want.

In the past we it was asked not to put the registry entry on the form as it is publicly viewable, so i will send it to you in a private message.

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 3.  RE: Possible Lost Password for Media server or server too Hardened

Posted 06-09-2022 15:08
    Thank you! this what I was looking for. So this password is just to get into the admin console of Media server and will not interfere with the communication between CIC and the media server (i hope)? 

I will try this on my QA environment.

Christopher Becker

• 4.  RE: Possible Lost Password for Media server or server too Hardened

Posted 06-09-2022 15:23
    Yes this is just for the web page access. The communication between the CIC and Media server is done through Certificates which you get when you add a server and put in an Account with Admin rights.

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 5.  RE: Possible Lost Password for Media server or server too Hardened

Posted 06-09-2022 15:59
    This worked great!

Once again the community solves my issue before I even get a response to my ticket.  This app was installed before we went TLS1.2 end to end. I get a fair amount of security warnings, and 404s, but refreshing the browser loads the page.  I think I need a cert for the web site to resolve this, but that will come another day.

Christopher Becker

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources