Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Pre Call Work

Posted 15 days ago

Happy Friday All,

I am looking for assistance with pre-work handle times.  Does anyone have a similar set up?  The area is an outbound call center which places the call via Genesys and uses the after call work functionality which is capturing the all the data for the call, talk, hold, acw etc. (They do not use wfm)

Prior to making the outbound call the agent has to gather information prior to calling the company.  Is there a way to capture this work effort and also report on it.  We would want to be able to see the amount of time spent per agent for the pre-work. 

I poked around in Genesys to see if there as any way to indicate to the system that I am "starting" to work on "something", searched articles and the community.  I found this https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/pre-call-rules/ We could create a rule to say don't call until after x is completed?  But will this then show up in reporting?  

#Telephony

------------------------------
    Cressida Gioiella
    Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company

• 2.  RE: Pre Call Work

Posted 14 days ago

Hi,

At the campaign level, you can use the dialing mode as 'Preview' and utilize the Preview timer functionality to setup a defined pre call work duration. There's also an option to disable agent side skipping. 

For the metrics you'll have to use a combination of few KPIs in the interaction view. Callback Time to First Dial - (Total Alert + Total Contacting), will roughly gives you the total preview/pre call time took by an agent. I'll let others comment if there's any direct KPI field available for this.

Thanks and Regards,

Sriram L

• 3.  RE: Pre Call Work

Posted 12 days ago

Thank you for the information, I didn't think to look at the campaign functionality.  This call center is calling back individuals and the call back list is constantly changing.  At this time the agent is in full control of who they are contracting.  I will have to review with the business to see if this would make sense to create a campaign.  

Cressida Gioiella

• 4.  RE: Pre Call Work

Posted 10 days ago

How is the work being distributed at the moment? If you don't want to use an outbound campaign, you could put the interactions as Callbacks into a queue. You would then be able to see the different parts of the callback (pre-call, Interaction, ACW etc.) If the agents manually grabbed the callbacks out of the Queue, then you wouldn't get any automatic distribution.

But this isn't what most folks actually want, since the "unpopular" calls never get made!

HTH

Paul Simpson
    Views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

• 5.  RE: Pre Call Work

Posted 3 days ago

Thank you Paul, at this time the work is pulled by each associate.  This business unit was moved onto Genesys with MVP capabilities, there is a ton of opportunities here!

Thank you both, this gives me some options to think about.

Cressida Gioiella

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources