Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Prevent agents from closing interaction windows using the top right corner X in WDE (desktop)

Posted 02-13-2024 07:16

Hi

We would like to be able to force the agents to use the "mark done" button to close interactions, and not the x button in the top of the window.

I can see I can intercept the closing event by inserting the following in the windowclose chain of command:

commandManager.InsertCommandToChainOfCommandBefore("WindowClose", "close", new List<CommandActivator>()
    {
        new CommandActivator() { CommandType = typeof(WindowCloseInterceptor),Name = "WindowCloseInterceptor"}
    });

but I do not seem to be able to prevent it from closing.

If I use bundleClose: InsertCommandToChainOfCommandBefore("BundleClose", "Close", new List<CommandActivator>()

I can prevent the closing by returning a bool, but this only works for mark done, not for agent clicking the X.

Do anyone have a idea to where I can look for getting this to work?

#GenesysEngagePremDev
    #Implementation
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface

------------------------------
    Martin Schultz

• 2.  RE: Prevent agents from closing interaction windows using the top right corner X in WDE (desktop)

Posted 02-14-2024 06:58

Hi Martin

You might need to look at the PossibleToClose chains? Below is code extract from one WDE customisation trying to prevent the agent from leaving interaction before filling out extra information about the call ("Samtaleemner").

// Add SamtaleEmner check in BundleClose CommandChain instead to ensure
                    // that user data is actually attached. We add before IsPossibleToClose
                    // because Done cannot be done (no pun intended) if valid SamtaleEmner is
                    // not selected.
                    commandManager.InsertCommandToChainOfCommandBefore( "BundleClose", "IsPossibleToClose",
                            new List<CommandActivator>()
                            {
                                new CommandActivator() { CommandType = typeof(CompletedSamtaleEmnerSelection), Name = "CompletedSamtaleEmnerSelection" }
                            } );

// Add SamtaleEmner check in InteractionVoiceIsPossibleToClose CommandChain to
                    // make sure that SamtaleEmner are filled out even if WDE is closed with an interaction
                    // not done marked.
                    commandManager.InsertCommandToChainOfCommandBefore( "InteractionVoiceIsPossibleToClose", "IsPossibleToMarkDone",
                            {
                                new CommandActivator() { CommandType = typeof(CompletedSamtaleEmnerSelection), Name = "CompletedSamtaleEmnerSelection" }
                            } );

// Add SamtaleEmner check in InteractionVoiceIfPossibleCloseInteraction CommandChain to
                    // make sure that SamtaleEmner are filled out even if WDE is closed with an interaction
                    // not done marked.
                    commandManager.InsertCommandToChainOfCommandBefore( "InteractionVoiceIfPossibleCloseInteraction", "IsPossibleToMarkDone",
                            {
                            } );

// Add SamtaleEmner check in InteractionVoiceIfPossibleCloseInteraction CommandChain to
                    // not done marked.
                    commandManager.InsertCommandToChainOfCommandBefore( "PossibleToCloseAllInteractions", "IsPossibleToClose",
                            {
                            } );

BR

Anders

Anders Vejen
    NetDesign A/S, a part of Nuuday A/S

• 3.  RE: Prevent agents from closing interaction windows using the top right corner X in WDE (desktop)

Posted 02-26-2024 08:54

Thank you, that pointed me in the right way :)

Martin Schultz

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources