Workforce Engagement Management

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Proficiencies clarification

Posted 19 days ago

Good day,

I have heard a couple different answer so wanted to get some clarity on how proficiencies impact the routing of contacts.  While I am aware proficiencies impact how contacts our disbursed among agents do the proficiencies also set priority in relation to how quick a contact is picked up?  For instance. if proficiencies are setup like the below

Skill A Skill B Skill C
    Person 1 5 4 3
    Person 2 4 5 3
    Person 3 3 3 3

Calls Holding  
    Skill C 2:03
    Skill B 1:32
    Skill A 0:34

Would Skill B be the next contact answered because person 2 has a proficiency of 5 or would skill C be the next contact answered as it is the longest hold time even though all proficiencies are set to 3?  This is assuming all calls are in the exact same queue.

#Routing

------------------------------
    Jon Goodman
    Osaic, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Proficiencies clarification

Posted 18 days ago

Currently agent proficiency does not impact the decision for which interaction is answered first in a call surplus scenario.

Assuming the wait time above is the Conversation score (e.g. Wait Time + Priority) then whichever agent becomes available will take the highest conversation score interaction when they become available. In your case Skill C.

Richard Chandler
    Connect

• 3.  RE: Proficiencies clarification

Posted 18 days ago

Thank you, Richard.  That was my picture, but wanted to be positive.

Jon Goodman
    Osaic, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources