Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Pulse9 will not load. error in collector log Pulse Application ID could not be discovered for CfgServer application

• 1.  Pulse9 will not load. error in collector log Pulse Application ID could not be discovered for CfgServer application

Posted 05-15-2023 15:03

Hello, We are migrating over to pulse9 from gax/pulse 8.5x

After installing and configuring the host, I am ubale toget the pulse web page to load. Im seeing errors in the collector log ERROR (6668) DBPoller: Pulse Application ID could not be discovered for CfgServer application DBID(1265). Database will not be polled.
    14:42:58.404 Std 31000 Could not discover Pulse Application ID for CME Application 1265.

I've recreated the collector DAP, didn't help. Tried starting the collectors first then pulse then ive tried starting Pulse first then the collectors, no help. 

Any advice would be great. I have a case open with customer care but its a SLOW process..

Thank you

#Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Steve Bagdanovich
    Kaplan North America

• 2.  RE: Pulse9 will not load. error in collector log Pulse Application ID could not be discovered for CfgServer application

Posted 05-15-2023 15:20
    Edited by Vaun McCarthy 05-15-2023 15:28

Hi Steve

It's been a couple of years since I deployed Pulse but did you run all the required SQL scripts?

EDIT:  Just had a quick look to refresh my memory and I don't think it's a SQL script thing.  If this is an upgrade rather than clean install I seem to recall I had issues with going down this path too and whether or not it had a connection to GAX even though it's now a standalone app.  Seem to recall there were also issues with the https side of it.

Vaun McCarthy

• 3.  RE: Pulse9 will not load. error in collector log Pulse Application ID could not be discovered for CfgServer application

Posted 05-15-2023 16:38
    Edited by Steve Bagdanovich 05-15-2023 16:39
    yes, the init script was run successfully. thank you
    --

Steve Bagdanovich

Engineer, Contact Center Technology

• 4.  RE: Pulse9 will not load. error in collector log Pulse Application ID could not be discovered for CfgServer application

Posted 05-15-2023 16:41

This is a clean install in parallel to our gax/pule instance. Do you think I need a link back to GAX? I specifically did not add this. 

Steve Bagdanovich
    Kaplan North America

• 5.  RE: Pulse9 will not load. error in collector log Pulse Application ID could not be discovered for CfgServer application

Posted 05-15-2023 16:49

I think it was more to do with a connection to GAX as opposed to the link to click back and forward.

Vaun McCarthy

• 6.  RE: Pulse9 will not load. error in collector log Pulse Application ID could not be discovered for CfgServer application

Posted 05-16-2023 11:17

You may be on to something. I found a clue in the pulse_service log. Does this massage sound familiars to you? Error: Cannot find method <stopWinService> in class: GaxMain

Steve Bagdanovich
    Kaplan North America

• 7.  RE: Pulse9 will not load. error in collector log Pulse Application ID could not be discovered for CfgServer application

Posted 05-17-2023 10:43

Hi Steve,

The error sounds more to me like the app is having trouble communicating with the Config database to read the objects.  Is DBID 1265 the Pulse app or the Pulse Collector App?  Also, does your Pulse Collector app have connections to the framework?  Ie. Message Server, Config Proxy/Config Server...

Are there any messages of interest or errors in the LCA log on the host where the Collector service is?

One other thing you can try is start it from the command line and see if there are any other errors or messages that may provide clues (startserver.bat).

The only link GAX now has to pulse is if you want to replace the Pulse 8.5 link under the Dashboard menu and to get back from Pulse 9 to GAX, there are docs on how to do that.  If I recall there's a JAR file that is needed for it.  Been a few years since we did this. HTH.

Regards,

Mike.

Michael Silverman
    Tykans Group Inc

• 8.  RE: Pulse9 will not load. error in collector log Pulse Application ID could not be discovered for CfgServer application

Posted 05-17-2023 12:11
    Edited by Steve Bagdanovich 05-17-2023 12:12

Thank you for your feedback Michael. I learned quite a bit about the startup process over the past two days. I learned that the reason we are seeing this message in the collector log " Pulse Application ID could not be discovered" is because when the pulse app is started first it is supposed to first connect to the pulse DB by way of the JDBC DAP then its supposed to create a schema and add application data to the WBRT_APPLICATION table. This is not happening. When pulse collector starts it tries to read the schema which is blank thus cannot find the APPLICATION_DBID = 12XX. During the pulse startup we clearly see this message "Configuration of pulse plugin is invalid. Stop initialization" I found a one article that mentions this exact message in the genesys KBs 

Article Number 000093887
    Question/ Problem
    Pulse plugin it is not available in the GAX after upgrade of after the GAX and Pulse plug-in.
    In the GAX log following error occurs: Configuration of Pulse plugin is invalid. Stop initialization
    Root Cause
    Missing connection from the GAX application to the EZPulse Collector application.

Since Pulse no longer needs GAX to survive, I cannot see how this is related. I appreciate your help on this. 

Steve Bagdanovich
    Kaplan North America

• 9.  RE: Pulse9 will not load. error in collector log Pulse Application ID could not be discovered for CfgServer application

Posted 05-17-2023 12:45

Hi Steve,

Ok, so the issue is with the Pulse app, not the collector, good find.  When it attempts the connection to the DB, is it successful?  There seems to be a break between the app and the pulse database which is you have discovered has nothing to do with GAX.  If the pulse log is not revealing much then I would suggest reaching out to the DBAs to look at the DB server to confirm the conneciton is being made and what operations are being attempted if any.

Regards,

Mike.

Michael Silverman
    Tykans Group Inc

• 10.  RE: Pulse9 will not load. error in collector log Pulse Application ID could not be discovered for CfgServer application

Posted 06-01-2023 11:10

Hello, I wanted to circle back to this thread and close it out. I was able to get the issue resolved and as frustrating at it was, I'm glad it was an easy fix. During the deployment process, I added DEFAULT options to both the pulse app and the collector app. In Pulse section of the pulse app I added the DEFAULT option "site" but left it undefined. I also added 'site" to the collector app in the collector section, also undefined. I found these options in the deployment guide so I added them assuming they would just use the default option of NONE and it would be ignored. Nope. NOT ignored.. Since I had this option site set as undefined or blank it stopped the pulse initialization process throwing the whole startup into a tailspin. I spent 8 days with genesys support for this. I eventually asked for the case to be transferred to a different engineer. This guy had been fortunate enough to recall this same issue with another of his customers. He had it resolved in 15 minutes. He also mentioned that he would be drafting a new KB article to be made available to everyone when searching for documents. 

Steve B. 

Steve Bagdanovich
    Kaplan North America

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources