PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Pure Cloud Chat

Posted 12-29-2022 12:47
    Not sure why Genesys would be trying to access apps.purecloud.com/webchat/ since we are still using on-prem servers.  It is being blocked by our anti-virus along with some google and facebook javascripts. 

Is there parts of PureConnect that are connected to PureCloud now?

#Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Jon Mercer

• 2.  RE: Pure Cloud Chat

Posted 01-03-2023 08:27
    Jon,

This community is for the PureConnect product line. You may have more success posting over on the Genesys Cloud CX forum.

HTH

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 3.  RE: Pure Cloud Chat

Posted 01-03-2023 11:18
    I can do that, though we don't use cloud yet just on-prem, so that is why I asked here to see if any of the on-prem is using cloud now.

Jon Mercer

• 4.  RE: Pure Cloud Chat

Posted 01-03-2023 11:38
    Jon,

My apologies, I misread your question / situation. It's not uncommon for people to post in the wrong Forum and based on the subject line... :-o

I can't speak to Chat specifically, but I do know that even prior to announcing the EOL of PureConnect, Genesys were working towards a common "core" technology to service all of their product lines. The (reasonable, I guess) thinking was that it was inefficient to develop and maintain code in all three code-bases that performs essentially the same function. The front-ends may well remain unique, but the idea was to consolidate all back-end processing and they saw the Cloud as the future.

If you are seeing this when using PureConnect, it may well be a symptom of that initiative.

HTH

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 5.  RE: Pure Cloud Chat

Posted 01-03-2023 12:06
    I should have been more descriptive in my subject line.

It would make sense that they would just do a button that points to the cloud interface.  Guessing it is somewhere possibly in Interaction Desktop.

Jon Mercer

• 6.  RE: Pure Cloud Chat

Posted 01-03-2023 11:25

If you are using the Widgets based chat deployment, yes.  The deployment script for it even points to purecloud to get the initial script and just loads your widget configuration data.

<script src="https://apps.mypurecloud.com/pureconnect-widgets" pureconnect-widgets-data="YOUR_ENCRYPTED_CONFIG_STRING=="></script>

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah - comments on this forum reflect my own personal opinions\observations and are separate from any entity I am otherwise involved in.

• 7.  RE: Pure Cloud Chat

Posted 01-03-2023 11:32
    We don't use the Widget based chat or any other chat but suppose it could have got enabled at some point before I took over as administrator, and just never told about it.  Where would I need to look to see if it is enabled?

Jon Mercer

• 8.  RE: Pure Cloud Chat

Posted 01-03-2023 13:05

I don't think that's going to end up being the issue.  I'm assuming your users are using Interaction Connect and that's what is triggering your antivirus software?

I would double check the "Genesys Cloud" configuration under "System Configuration" in Interaction Administrator to make sure you don't have anything enabled you don't intend to have enabled.  I just ran Interaction Connect with all of the widgets configuration and social media views open and looked at the "Sources" in the developer panel in my browser and nothing appeared to be reaching out to purecloud.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah - comments on this forum reflect my own personal opinions\observations and are separate from any entity I am otherwise involved in.

• 9.  RE: Pure Cloud Chat

Posted 01-03-2023 13:30
    Aaron doesn't look like it is that.  The Cloud Integration is not turned on in IA.

Jon Mercer

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources