Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Purge a calling list of contacts, or import to overwrite? New feature request maybe?

Posted 08-08-2022 19:28
    Hi guys

In Engage you can delete all records in a calling list configuration and then import a new file.  In Cloud it appears you can only Append, or delete the entire calling list configuration which then obviously means having to change campaigns and other places that reference the original calling list.  How do you guys manage this where you don't want the caling list to just sit there exponentially growing and without having to use the API manually?

Thanks
    #Outbound
    #SystemAdministration
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Vaun McCarthy

• 2.  RE: Purge a calling list of contacts, or import to overwrite? New feature request maybe?

Posted 08-09-2022 06:58
    Hi Vaun
    We use the APIs to accomplish this and have them scheduled as part of our nightly/morning SSIS jobs so it's not a manual process. We export and clear the contact lists nightly and then import new ones the following morning. Here are the two we use for the evening cycle - I can't lay my fingers on the morning import API right now but could dig that up later.

/api/v2/outbound/contactlists/{contactListId}/export
    /api/v2/outbound/contactlists/{contactListId}/clear

Emily Kammerer
    Ascendium Education Solutions, Inc.

• 3.  RE: Purge a calling list of contacts, or import to overwrite? New feature request maybe?

Posted 08-09-2022 15:33
    Thanks Emily, that's the direction I was heading too, but it would be nice to be able to replace rather than append when importing a contact list - similar to data table imports - within the UI.

I may just have a look on the ideas portal :)

Vaun McCarthy

• 4.  RE: Purge a calling list of contacts, or import to overwrite? New feature request maybe?

GENESYS
    Posted 08-17-2022 12:39
    To remove all contacts from a list, use POST /api/v2/outbound/contactlists/{contactListId}/clear. It is recommended to wait at least 5 seconds after this operation returns successfully before adding contacts. This is the preferred method for "replacing" records rather than appending.

Rian Logan
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Purge a calling list of contacts, or import to overwrite? New feature request maybe?

Posted 08-30-2022 00:52
    Thanks Rian, I guess my point here is for something as basic as this it would have been nice to be able to purge/delete contact list records in bulk like can be done within Engage.  As you can understand getting API work done at a customer isn't always simple and occasionally campaign owners/managers would like the ability to do this type of purge thing on demand.

Vaun Mccarthy

• 6.  RE: Purge a calling list of contacts, or import to overwrite? New feature request maybe?

Posted 08-31-2022 01:54
    So we just implemented this for a customer using the Eccentex ServiceJourney premium app. It has it's own outbound campaign capability that would allow for appending lists like you described.

https://appfoundry.genesys.com/filter/genesyscloud/listing/59c44a27-fb86-4806-8640-18a99c7f544f

Maksim Gill
    Eccentex, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources