Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Q&A Show - WebRTC

• 1.  Q&A Show - WebRTC

GENESYS
    Posted 01-17-2024 14:40
    Edited by Nicole Milliken 01-24-2024 15:17

Hey Everyone,

THREAD CLOSED! Thanks for all of the great questions. I have passed them on to the team. Plan is to record next week. Episode will be available on the Genesys Community's YouTube Channel in the Genesys Cloud Community

Have an idea for a future episode? Drop them here.

--

Our friend Alan is going to be returning to the Q&A show, with a new guest David and we will start by talking about FAQs around WebRTC, Hybrid Migrations, GMF optimizations, and more, but what fun would the Q&A Show be without your questions! So if you have a question for Alan or David, drop them below. 

Alan and David are director and senior level PMs on the topics, so can't wait to hear what questions you may have for them. 

Cheers,

Matt

#CommunityVideos(TAM,QA,etc.)

------------------------------
    Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 2.  RE: Q&A Show - WebRTC

Posted 01-17-2024 15:08
    Edited by Robert Wakefield-Carl 01-17-2024 18:47
    1. How is Genesys working with Citrix, VMWare, and Windows 365 to optimize audio through VDI solutions where a thin client (no local OS) is used?
    2. Is it possible to turn a PureConnect WebRTC ORG into a production Genesys Cloud CX ORG?
    3. Who reading this email will know what GMF stand for?
    4. When will we get unmanaged phones?
    5. Are local edges a thing of the past and will they be supported in the future?
    6. Will Genesys create GMF that is not dependent on the *.aws.com and .*google.com address changes?
    7. When will we have access to GCV trunk settings like OLI, Diversion, and other customizations?
    8. Will we EVER get Shared Line Appearances?
    9. Will we be getting park orbits in 2024?
    10. Could we get the IP or MAC address of the user's PC so we can use it with e.911 services?
    11. When will we get the secondary WebRTC window in the Web UI like we have in the Embedded Framework to avoid dropping calls when browser is closed?
    12. Is there any way to turn off direct media between two WebRTC clients when firewalls would not allow that?
    13. What are the main problems using a web proxy or load balancer with WebRTC?
    14. How do you prove your WebRTC phone is connected to a local GMF region.  IE: I am a user in US-West, but am in India.  How can I prove my audio is in India?

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital
    Sr. Director - Innovation Architects
    Robert.WC@ttecdigital.com
    https://www.ttecDigital.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Q&A Show - WebRTC

Posted 01-18-2024 09:11

We are looking at potentially deploying Genesys Cloud CX using WebRTC with a mix of office and remote workers. 

• What are the do's and don't when architecting and deploying WebRTC?  
    • I've seen multiple posts on the forum about voice issues with WebRTC.  How do we troubleshoot issues?  What tools are available to us?
    • To echo Robert Wakefield-Carl, what the heck is GMF???
    • How important is it to install the headset management tool from the manufacturer (Poly Lens, Jabra Direct/Xpress)?

Thank you.

Vick Sweeney
    Hydro Quebec

• 4.  RE: Q&A Show - WebRTC

GENESYS
    Posted 01-18-2024 09:27

Also, in case you missed it, Alan has been on the Q&A show to talk WebRTC before. You can learn a lot from these previous episodes

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 5.  RE: Q&A Show - WebRTC

Posted 01-18-2024 10:05

To clarify, does this topic cover questions specific WebRTC Media Helper?

Christy McDaniel
    Shaw Industries Group, Inc.

• 6.  RE: Q&A Show - WebRTC

GENESYS
    Posted 01-18-2024 12:19

Hey @Christy McDaniel, I asked Alan and he said that he can cover that. Do you have a specific question?

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 7.  RE: Q&A Show - WebRTC

Posted 01-18-2024 14:29

Hi all ,

1. What troubleshooting steps can be taken when the WebRTC Peristent connection popup for SFDC closes unexpectedly. ?
    2. Has anyone else been experiencing this issue ?
    3. We also have many instances where the Widget works fine - able to accept voice / media, yet the widget shows the "WebRTC window is unable to display" all the time

Thanks

John

John Korn
    Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.

• 8.  RE: Q&A Show - WebRTC

Posted 01-18-2024 15:28

John, we have seen this as well, and also agents that are unable to answer their phones.  The lack of troubleshooting and logging options makes it difficult to diagnose the problem.

I believe this specific message most often occurs for us when the popup has been minimized, although I think we have seen it when the popup is not minimized as well.

Jennifer DiCesare
    Esri Canada

• 9.  RE: Q&A Show - WebRTC

Posted 01-19-2024 09:14
    1. What steps are being taken to provide better monitoring of WebRTC connections?  Specifically forcing a reconnect or providing feedback to the agent that communication between GC and the WebRTC is no longer available.  
    2. Echoing a similar question by Robert, what are the best practices when using the WebRTC phone in a split tunnel scenario?

Thank you!

Craig Coen
    Beyond Finance

• 10.  RE: Q&A Show - WebRTC
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 01-24-2024 15:22

Hey everyone! 

Thank you so much for submitting all of these great questions around WebRTC. Guess what? They have been answered in the newest episode of the Genesys Cloud Q&A Show!

Alan and David who starred in this episode said that they would be happy to answer any other questions that may come in after you watch the show. So we're leaving this thread open in case you have more questions arise. 

Thanks for watching and we hope you find the answers helpful :)

Nicole Milliken
    Genesys - Employees

• 11.  RE: Q&A Show - WebRTC

Posted 01-25-2024 07:52

Hi,

How does the integration of WebRTC technology facilitate seamless hybrid transitions in Global Meeting Framewaorks (GMS) for enhancing remote collaboration experiences ?

Serdar Kaya
    Akbank

• 12.  RE: Q&A Show - WebRTC

GENESYS
    Posted 01-25-2024 13:33

Hey Serdar,

I floated your question by the team and they were curious if you could provide more details. Also, did you mean Global Media Frameworks vs meeting? Maybe some additional information around what collaboration enhancements you are trying to accomplish would be helpful.

Thanks,

Matt 

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 13.  RE: Q&A Show - WebRTC

Posted 01-25-2024 21:36

Not technically a webRTC question as such but.... can we please ask the experts to run down for us how/where audio device profiles are stored and what IDs are kept on those stored profiles?

Vaun McCarthy

• 14.  RE: Q&A Show - WebRTC

Posted 04-10-2024 17:12

One outstanding question I have is related to the global media fabric configuration for webRTC. Can you confirm the following statements? (yes or no)

• We need to use Force TURN on the agent's phone setting to enable GMF Phase 1 (i.e. use specific media regions for webrtc traffic)
    • Without Force TURN enabled, the webRTC traffic for the agent will flow through the public internet to the home region, and use the home region's media services.
    • The TURN services, provided by Genesys allow us to "ride" the aws backbone. Without FORCE Turn, all media traffic will flow through the public internet over to the home region.
    • With Force TURN & only Specific Media regions selected at the Site level (East, for example) the media path will look like the following for an Agent in the west region:
      • Agent WebRTC -> TURN Service -> AWS Backbone -> East
    • With Force TURN and & geo-routing Optimization enabled, the media path will look like the following for an Agent in the west region::
      • Agent WebRTC - > TURN Service -> AWS Backbone -> West

So, the way I understand it the Use of TURN is suggested in the following scenarios:

• If media can only run through certain regions, for regulatory reasons
    • If the Security Team does not want to allow all AWS egress Ips, so we use TURN to limit the outbound Ips that we want to allow
    • If we want to optimize the agent leg's audio path to ride the backbone vs. the public internet.

Thanks,

Peter

Peter Stoltenberg
    TTEC Digital

• 15.  RE: Q&A Show - WebRTC

Posted 16 days ago

Hi @Matt Lawson

Could you please assist with tracking down answers for the above?

Peter Stoltenberg
    TTEC Digital

• 16.  RE: Q&A Show - WebRTC

GENESYS
    Posted 16 days ago

Hey Peter, 

We recorded this episode back in January, so no guarantee that I can get an answer to your questions at the moment, but I will try. You may want to ask them as a New Discussion vs adding them here.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 17.  RE: Q&A Show - WebRTC

GENESYS
    Posted 6 days ago

Hi @Peter Stoltenberg! Your questions were featured on the newest episode of the Q&A Show starting at timestamp 19:09. I hope you find some answers helpful. 

Nicole Milliken
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources