View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

QOTM: You + eBike = Answer!

• 1.  QOTM: You + eBike = Answer!

GENESYS
    Posted 14 days ago
    Edited by Nicole Milliken 13 days ago

Have you heard the Genesys Community is giving away an electric bike?!

That's not the question of the month (QOTM), but it's close. To celebrate the launch of our GKN Story contest, for the QOTM, we want to know: 

"If you could take a pair of electric bikes and one dream companion on a bike tour, who would your dream companion be and where are you touring?"

The good news is that you won't have to go too far for fun in the month of May, because the Genesys Community has a lot of fun events coming up. There will be an email going out next week, but here are a few teasers:

Starting off with a bang, we've got the Your Voice, Your GKN contest where you can score a valuable e-bike for submitting a detailed story on how the GKN helps you day-to-day! This bike is biggest prize the community has ever given away, so put the pedal to the metal…that saying works for e-bikes, right?

Unfortunately, I can't win the bike, so I am most excited for the return of the Trivia Tower and… it will be returning for two events this month! The first starts next week, May 08th. Subscribe to that page to get a sneak peak of what the theme will be.

Who would I want to e-bike with? Glad you asked! I'd want to tour it with my son, and we'd both go to Iceland. It would be amazing to have that experience to share for the rest of our lives. If I went with a celebrity, I think I'd pick Tina Fey because how funny would that be?! 

And remember, you'll still earn this awesome badge when you answer the question of the month, so you've got nothing to lose!

We hope the winner of the e-bike comes back to the community with some cool adventures to share. 

Stay tuned,

Nicole

#Events
    #General

------------------------------
    Nicole Milliken
    Genesys - Employees

• 2.  RE: QOTM: You + eBike = Answer!

GENESYS
    Posted 13 days ago

I actually saw (or at least noticed) my first e-bike yesterday. It was a mother and daughter sharing the bike in my neighborhood, and they were FLYING. More impressive, they were going up hill! 

So, it got me thinking, if I could do any tour on an e-bike, I would want to do something creepy. I love haunted houses and the like, so I would love to go to quaint little town of Sleepy Hollow and give the Headless Horseman a run for his money. Currently taking applications for who wants to join me, but by default, I'll always pick my best friend since Day 1 of Kindergarten, Joey. We've got this!

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 3.  RE: QOTM: You + eBike = Answer!

Posted 13 days ago

With the abundance of paved trails that go between counties here, it's no surprise that e-bikes are taking the world by storm. If I were looking for the perfect dream ride with my ideal companion, there's nothing better than touring around the UK with my husband. However, if I were looking for something closer to home, Pinellas County, FL, is a hidden gem that's just as beautiful as any other location in the world. It's home to St. Petersburg and Clearwater and just amazing.

Amy Sessions
    City of Clearwater - Cutomer Service Manager

• 4.  RE: QOTM: You + eBike = Answer!

GENESYS
    Posted 5 days ago

As a St. Pete resident I second this! Wonderful biking all around.

Trevor Reese
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: QOTM: You + eBike = Answer!

GENESYS
    Posted 13 days ago

For me it would be with my wife and we would cycle through the Outback taking in the sights and enjoying the wild life at a much slower pace than being in the car doing 100km/h (60mph). We would time our ride to reach the outskirts of town just on sunset.

Shane Ward
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: QOTM: You + eBike = Answer!

GENESYS
    Posted 5 days ago

Did you take those pictures? Either way, very nice!

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 7.  RE: QOTM: You + eBike = Answer!

GENESYS
    Posted yesterday

I sure did. Back in April my wife and I went on a 16 day "outback adventure", although we saw a lot of wildlife and other roadside sights most of it was seen as we were speeding by at 100km/h / 60mph, except for the sunset shot which I took standing in the middle of the highway (do not do that at home kids!)

Shane Ward
    Genesys - Employees

• 8.  RE: QOTM: You + eBike = Answer!

Posted 13 days ago

I've never travelled abroad, but if I could take the e-bike with me I would love to go with my Mom and bike through Europe!

However locally, NY has worked on some trails that connect Buffalo to Boston. I that would be my next adventure! =)

Jacqueline Turner
    Workflow Coordinator
    NYCM Insurance

• 9.  RE: QOTM: You + eBike = Answer!

Posted 13 days ago

I would cycle a lot with my beloved wife and get to know all the waterfalls we have near us (between 120 and 300 km) in the state of Minas Gerais - Brazil.

Att,

Breno Canyggia Ferreira Marreco
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/brenocfm-40b62182/

• 10.  RE: QOTM: You + eBike = Answer!

Posted 13 days ago

My husband and I have been tasting a lot of Scotch and Whiskeys and have thought about taking a trip to Ireland or Scotland someday to visit the distilleries. I'd take my husband on an e-bike tour there with me. 

Picturing the rolling hills of Ireland and Scotland full of green grass and fluffy sheep I want to hear the ocean in the distance, not loud cars in a hurry to get somewhere. While this idea in my head shows leisurely days riding through the countryside and stopping for a quiet picnic, reality tells me there is no way I can make it up those hills on a regular bicycle. I think this would be the perfect place for an e-bike adventure! 

Stacey Sanchez
    PACU- Workforce Operations MGR

• 11.  RE: QOTM: You + eBike = Answer!

GENESYS
    Posted 9 days ago

Can I meet you at the distillery?? Yes, I'm inviting myself. 

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 12.  RE: QOTM: You + eBike = Answer!

Posted 11 days ago

I'd do a tour of Central America with my husband. Eat some great food, see the sites, the whole works. Super fun!

More locally, our city is super bike friendly and has some great trails for regular bikes as well as electric, so I'd settle for a nice long ride and a picnic.

Emily Kammerer
    Ascendium Education Solutions, Inc.

• 13.  RE: QOTM: You + eBike = Answer!

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 9 days ago

Everyone is so lovely taking their spouses and kids along, I would ditch them at home :P

A bike around lake Tekapo area here in NZ, which is an international dark sky reserve, biggest in the southern hemisphere, and I would want to take someone like Brian Cox or Neil deGrass Tyson with me to talk about the cosmos.  

Anton Vroon

• 14.  RE: QOTM: You + eBike = Answer!

GENESYS
    Posted 9 days ago

I could talk to Brian Cox for days. I would need to hope our ebikes breakdown.

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 15.  RE: QOTM: You + eBike = Answer!

GENESYS
    Posted 9 days ago

My daughter has worked at Latigo Ranch in Colorado for a couple of summers. One of her roles was to take guests on (fat-tire) electric bike rides on mountain trails near the ranch, up over 9,000 feet elevation. So, I'd go with her on the trails near the ranch for a week or two.

George Ganahl GCP, GCSME, ICCE, ICHD, etc.
    Senior Principal PS Consultant
    Genesys

• 16.  RE: QOTM: You + eBike = Answer!

Posted 8 days ago

This is a tough one. One of the places on my bucket list to visit is Japan. I'd like be able to tour both a city and the countryside just try to take in everything Japan has to offer. If I had to go with someone, I'd probably say that I would take my wife but she's never really expressed a desire to go there. I suppose the voices in my head would keep me company though.

Seean Weaver
    MAPFRE USA - Telecom Analyst

• 17.  RE: QOTM: You + eBike = Answer!

GENESYS
    Posted 5 days ago

I got my first taste of an e-bike a couple of years ago when I was visiting a friend in southwestern Germany. Lots of hills and river valleys. It was effortless to climb the steep, cobblestone hills throughout the small town. I would love to keep exploring the area and I think my pick would be to ride the Danube River trail from start to finish. I would probably take a cycling buddy along--because they would appreciate it as much as I would!

Danube Cycling Path: Ultimate Guide and Why You Shouldn't Go

Phil Koch
    Genesys - Employees

• 18.  RE: QOTM: You + eBike = Answer!

GENESYS
    Posted 5 days ago

I would find a local non-profit organization that aligns with my values, ride the e-bike there, and donate it.
    There are plenty of people who could and would benefit from an e-bike or regular bike such as religious centers, battered women shelters, food banks, soup kitchens, schools, homeless shelters, boys & girls club, education/learning enablement centers.  I have enough bikes.

Joao Chun
    Genesys - Employees

• 19.  RE: QOTM: You + eBike = Answer!

GENESYS
    Posted 5 days ago

If I could tour any area on an e-bike I am inclined to choose an offroad variation and ride alongside the Scandes (Scandinavian Mountains). For my riding partner, I would choose my dad.

Trevor Reese
    Genesys - Employees

• 20.  RE: QOTM: You + eBike = Answer!

GENESYS
    Posted 5 days ago

The golden horseshoe starting on the beaches in Thailand and wrapping around and through the jungles of Vietnam.  It would be a very humid and sweaty ride, but that's where the "electric" part of the bike comes in handy!

Michael McClelland
    Genesys - Employees

• 21.  RE: QOTM: You + eBike = Answer!

Posted 2 days ago

Imagine electric bikes zipping along scenic coastal paths, with refreshing ocean breezes and stunning views. You could stop at charming seaside towns, explore lighthouses, and enjoy fresh seafood.

Sascha Gagalon
    NTT Germany AG & Co. KG

• 22.  RE: QOTM: You + eBike = Answer!

Posted 2 days ago

I would go anywhere warm with my husband! eBikes would totally help because I have knee issues which makes going far on a regular bike a daunting task at times.

Nicki Dehn
    AAA Club Alliance Inc.

• 23.  RE: QOTM: You + eBike = Answer!

Posted 2 days ago

It's hard to pick just one Dream place, there are so many, Big Sur, Grand Canyon, and so many more.  I think my top choice right now would be Tokyo. My husbands mom grew up here and we have heard amazing stories about it. My companion would of course be my husband. 

Angelica Howard
    MidAmerican Energy Company

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources