Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Queue Alerting Timeout and WebRTC Phone Trunk Max Dial Timeout not Working for Values above 300 Seconds

Posted 12-07-2022 16:03
    On-Queue Agents that are using WebRTC phones to take ACD calls are placed in a Not Responding status or the Alerting "call" disconnects at 300 seconds even though both the Queue Alerting Timeout and WebRTC Phone Trunk Max Dial Timeout are set to 900 seconds (or any value higher than 300 seconds). Sometimes, after 300 seconds, they are made ineligible to receive calls and placed in a Not Responding status and sometimes the Alerting "call" to the agent disconnects and the agent stays on queue and is eligible for interactions. Regardless of whether or not the agent's queue eligibility is changed, the inbound call is placed back into queue as expected.

Is there an undocumented alerting timeout maximum of 300 seconds for WebRTC for ACD? Or, is there some other setting that I am missing?
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #SystemAdministration
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Dan Fontaine
    ConvergeOne, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Queue Alerting Timeout and WebRTC Phone Trunk Max Dial Timeout not Working for Values above 300 Seconds

Posted 12-26-2022 17:03
    I think you are running into several timeouts that may be conflicting.  I would ask, why would you want alerting for 5 minutes?  That is certainly poor customer experience.  Why not use some alerting via SMS or use group ringing, or even call forwarding from a user.  There are many ways to get calls to agents that are not picking them up.  What is your use case for these long alert times?

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Queue Alerting Timeout and WebRTC Phone Trunk Max Dial Timeout not Working for Values above 300 Seconds

Posted 02-03-2023 17:42
    Closing the loop on this. I know that this was a strange use case. However, after working with Genesys Support over the last month, they stated that the development team stated that there is a 5 minute hard limit for WebRTC and that the Resource Center documentation will be updated.

Dan Fontaine
    ConvergeOne, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources