Workforce Engagement Management

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  RE: Question regarding Forecast hours of operation and scheduling - counting FTE

Posted 12-05-2022 12:54
    No replies, thread closed.
    Hello Everyone,

I generated a forecast. After reviewing the forecast and generating schedules, the forecast had call data for times of the day when the contact center was closed. (2 hours later). I wanted to know what hours of operation and service level targets were used to create the forecast. Where can I find this information in Genesys, or do I have the ability to change the start and stop times of the forecast?

Regarding schedule- will Genesys provide the total FTE count if there is no scheduled agents?

#Forecasting
    #Scheduling

------------------------------
    Jeanine Ferguson
    Inspiritec, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Question regarding Forecast hours of operation and scheduling - counting FTE

GENESYS
    Posted 12-05-2022 13:50

Currently WFM does not have the concept of 'hours of operations'. For your configured planning groups we simply query Analytics to determine interactions 24/7. Predicted staffing requirement will be generated regardless if there are scheduled agents or not. The service goals configured for the service goal template that is associated with the planning group is what is used.

As to why interactions are hitting queues after hours, I would suggest looking into routing schedules, Architect flows, etc. that 'allow' interactions after hours. Also possibly they are transfers from one queue that is still open to a queue that is 'closed' - idea in Ideas Lab that may or may not be related to your situation: https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/INB-I-574

Enhancement idea in Ideas Lab for adding hours of operation to planning group configuration: https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WEM-I-179

Jay Langsford
    VP, R&D

• 3.  RE: Question regarding Forecast hours of operation and scheduling - counting FTE

Posted 12-05-2022 14:20
    Edited by Jeanine Ferguson 12-05-2022 14:44
    Hello Jay,

Thanks for responding.  Much appreciated. 

I was able to refer to your previous responses on similar issues related to this topic and your response today confirmed that I understand this part of Genesys. Again, thanks. I will take a look at the service goal template. 

I am trying to determine the total amount of FTE I will need for February 2023. See calculations based on the report. I believe this is correct.
    Time (UTC) Scheduled Forecast Difference Forecast (with shrinkage) Difference (with shrinkage)
    2023-02-13T12:00:00.000Z 0 3.4 -3.4 27.2 3.4 -3.4
    2023-02-13T12:15:00.000Z 0 3.1 -3.1 24.8 3.1 -3.1
    2023-02-13T12:30:00.000Z 0 3.2 -3.2 25.6 3.2 -3.2
    2023-02-13T12:45:00.000Z 0 3.9 -3.9 31.2 3.9 -3.9
    2023-02-13T13:00:00.000Z 0 5.2 -5.2 41.6 5.2 -5.2
    2023-02-13T13:15:00.000Z 0 6.9 -6.9 55.2 6.9 -6.9
    Are these FTE's 
    FTE (8 hours  

Jeanine Ferguson
    Inspiritec, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Question regarding Forecast hours of operation and scheduling - counting FTE

Posted 12-08-2022 14:36

Hi Jeanine - I think the FTE label kind of works for this scenario but in reality true FTE is a much more complicated number that needs to factor other business and time-off rules your organization deals with. In short, those numbers in the report represent Agents or better stated, Agents Actually Working for that interval, something that used to be called Butts in Seats. If you expect any shrinkage, you'll want to have more than that number actually scheduled. Your Forecast and your Forecast (with shrinkage) numbers are the same so you may need to dial that in first.

Raymond Hicks
    Sutter Health

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources