Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Reference Data Table using Contact List data within a Script

Posted 30 days ago

Hello - 

I'd like to reference data within a Data Table using data found in a Contact List column within a Script.

The Script variable (Outbound.<column>) found in the contact list is the reference key in the Data Table. I'd to be able to reference other data in the Data Table based on the reference key similar to that of other variables in a Script.

Use Case:  The data table reference key and contact list column refers to a department in the company. Based on the specified department we'd like to use hours and phone number (found in the data table) to populate the script in different text area of the script.

Can't find a way to do this.

#Outbound

------------------------------
    Tom Moore
    Electroline Data Communications Inc

• 2.  RE: Reference Data Table using Contact List data within a Script

Posted 28 days ago

Hi Tom,

The only way to do this would be with a data action to get the data table row. /api/v2/flows/datatables/{datatableId}/rows/{rowId}

This would allow you to pass in the department and retrieve the hours of operations. It could be a custom action that runs on page load and populates those fields on the script page.
    https://developer.genesys.cloud/devapps/api-explorer#get-api-v2-flows-datatables--datatableId--rows--rowId-

Thanks,

Peter

Peter Stoltenberg
    TTEC Digital

• 3.  RE: Reference Data Table using Contact List data within a Script

Posted 25 days ago

Thanks. I already had data actions added to the script and figured this might be the preferred way to go.

Thanks, Tom

Thomas Moore | Genesys Cloud Engineer

"Enabling Excellence in Communication and Technology"

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources